1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nat. Health care...restarted

Discussion in 'Health' started by blackwidow2009, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you
    I had started this thread yesturday night to post a thought or two about things and to vent about the frustrations that I am dealing with because of my moms cancer. I started this thread under the health discussion section.

However jhodge83 had closed the thread stating "closed b/c politics". This thread was very respectful, as well as ALL of the comments made! Thank you all for your kind words!!! There was nothing that came close to being political that would warrent it to be closed. I have seen many threads go on for days, even weeks (befor people started to forget about them) that were totally political or religious in nature and were VERY HEATED and NASTY and they were never closed. This was not one of them! Like I said, this thread and all responces have been very respectful!!! If the people that run this forum do not want any topics like this posted, that is fine; remove ALL topics that are NOT Toyota Tacoma related,...including removing the the whole "off topic" section under the TOPIC tab, which include "Entertainment", "Sports, Hobbies & Interests ", "Stocks & Investments ", "Military ", "Motorcycles ", "Guns & Hunting ", "Photography", "Food Talk ", "Health ", "Travel", "Prayers & Support ", "Homebrewing", & "Off-Topic Discussion ".

Closing my thread, and leaving others that were nasty and heated and that were about polotics and religion, makes me wonder if what I said in my thread had some validity, and the person who closed it just did not like it and wants to stop others from reading it and thinking about it.

This is a link to the original thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/93429-nat-health-care.html The following is a copy and paste from the the original thread.

This was originally posted in an ANTI-WAL-MART thread. I added a comment to one of the posts and then thought about starting a new tread about it. First the quote, then my responce. :

Originally Posted by bruinsrme [​IMG]
    Yep health care is the next disaster along with the immigration bill. More people not contributing getting the same or more as those that are.

Then I posted:
    Not to start a war or argument, but I am a firm believer in national health care.

PLEASE, I am not trying to piss anyone off, but my mom is fighting cancer, has been for the last 5 years, and probably wont make it threw the summer. This started BECAUSE of HMO's/insurance companies. My mom is 66. When she was 59 (in 2003) she went to her doctor because of bathroom problems. Her doctor wanted to do a colonoscopy. The insurance company said "NO" that she was too young to have one done. My mom could not spend the 800+ to pay of it out of pocket, besides that is what she already pays for health insurance for! So a year goes by and is not the fall of 2004. She gets a different doctor because she now is convinced it is hemeroids and wants them removed. This doctor said he wanted to do the colonoscopy first; that he was not convinced it was hemeroids, but something else. He too was told by the same insurance company that they will not pay. This doctor fought them!!! My mom got the exam...3 tumors, one the size of a small apple. However, the cancer had already jumped the colon wall and moved into her limph system. Over the last 5+ years and 5 rounds of chemo, it has moved to her liver and lungs.

This would have been prevented if the insurance company would have payed the money for the exam the first time; and she would not be dieing!

Since this time I have recently started to work at the VA hospital here in Cleveland. Actually, I am volentiering since I am out of work I mid-as-well do something usefull with my time. I am in the accounting dept. ... MCCR. We do insurance verification and billing to insurance companies. Yes the VA bills insurance companies just like any other hospital.

Working there I have learned several things that I never knew befor. For starters, one insurance companies police is that ALL of their representatives are REQUIRED to deny 20 (twenty) claims every day, regardless if the are valid or not! Hoping that the paitent will get scared about an outstanding bill and just pay it. Obviously that will only work on smaller claims.

Another thing I have learned is that VETS get increadible great health care! Insurance companies enter deals with pharmacutical companies for dicounts on drugs, as well as pharmacies like mail order ones. Insurance companies threaten us DAILY that the will not pay for a patients RX because it is not the genaric, and the WE NEED TO TELL THE DOCTOR TO CHANGE THE PERSCRIPTION!

Our (the VA's) responce is "we are the VA. You do not tell us what to do! If you do not want to pay, that is fine, but we will not change or ask our doctors to change their diagnosis or perscriptions for you or anyone, to suit your cost preferences."

Insurance companies dont want to pay for certain RX's because of the cost, and even when explained to them that the doctor perscribed the medican that they did because of other medication conflicts, they don't care and still refuse to pay!

Our Doctors, do what is right and BEST for the paitent, and don't care what the insurance companies say or try do dictate.

Insurance companies do not have anyones best interests at heart except their own. Remeber insurance companies are in busness for one reason only, and that is to make money.

In the public world (non VA) doctors are under sever preasure from insurance companies to not do certain exams or prescribe certain RX's because of cost. My mom is a perfect example of that.

If we had a National health care system, we would have doctors like the VA has...ones that did right by the patient instead of being bullied around by insurance companies.

It may not be a perfect system, but it will be better then insurance companies ruling our doctors. And befor anyone says that doctors and nurses wont make as much money as in the private sector...look on www.usajobs.com Look and see what they pay! I know 3 different nurses and the pay is equal if not better then, the private sector!

Again, I'm not trying to start an argument, and I know it very hard for anyone to understand things as I see it because they have not learned all that I know or experienced everything that I have so far. All I ask is have an open mind to what I have said, and look at things the why they are...meaning, ask your doctor next time you see him how things work, like "why are you prescribing me the generic?" He'll say either because the insurance co. wont pay other wise, OR he'll say to say you money. How is he saving you money?...you pay "X" amount for a script regardless of cost, you don't pay a percent. You might have a deductible, but once you met it, you met it, now they have to pay.

I'm asking you to think and be suspisious! Question everything. And PLEASE if you don't like what your doctor says, get another oppion and PUSH for what you know is right!!! It's your life your fighting for. PLEASE don't be one of those people that LITTERALLY takes better care of their car/truck then you do of your self!!!

2. May 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM
    zdog

zdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 5lug Access Cab SR5 2.7/5speed
    I feel your pain but.......this ain't the place.

ZDog

3. May 19, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I'm on your side OP! But.... :locked:

:eek:

4. May 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    toy02ota

toy02ota Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    Dude seriously? Its gonna get locked...AGAIN :locked:

5. May 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    blackwidow2009

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

That's fine if they want to, at least some people will read it and question why someone would want to close the thread when others are very political and are left open. I have read so many posts say Pres. Obama is a bad pres., however those are left open. Just read the Anti-Wal-Mart thread someone started. If they want to close this thread, they can, but then I will report every single thread that had anything in it other then Taco stuff.

Sorry, just need to point out the hypocracy.

6. May 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

Anything pro-Obama is pretty much frowned upon here. Sucks I know, but that's what you get for joining a primarily conservative truck forum. :eek:

7. May 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Currently searching for dream truck...
    TBD
    I wouldnt be surprised if you get suspended for trying again.

8. May 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    toy02ota

toy02ota Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    The wal mart thread got closed too. And some other threads do adress something political...that isnt necessarily the reason it was started though. Sometimes they digress to politics (we are good at digressing here :rolleyes:) But this thread and the other thread was about politics. Period.

9. May 20, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    blackwidow2009

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:

Oh dude, I totally understand that, and I don't have a problem with that. What I'm saying is that my thread was NOT political, it was my frustration with insurance companies becaused they are responsible for my moms cancer not being cought a year earlier becuse "they" felt they knew better then my moms doctor; and how I would like to see them go down.

10. May 20, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    this thread will become political. i'm sorry for your situation with your mother, but political threads are nothing but trouble (even if your intention wasn't to make it political). says in the site rules here "Political discussion, talk or displays of street racing and excessive speeding are also not permitted". things which will almost certainly digress into a political fight, we tend to cut off early at the moderators' discrection. nothing personal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top