Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Inversion Tables

Old 06-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Inversion Tables

Who has one? Who uses one? Any testimonials on them?

I have a herniated disc in my lower back that's pinching my siatic nerve in my left leg. I've been in physical therapy since early April, 3 days a week. I spend 15 minutes in traction with electrical stimulation and heat on my back then 45 minutes in the gym trying to get the strength back in my left leg. I was at 25% strength in my leg at the start of therapy and now I'm at 60%.

I am still having pain in my back and shooting down my leg. I'm on 3 different medications to manage the pain and make it liveable.

I want surgery to be the last resort. I have atleast 5 more weeks of therapy and want to see it through before they cut me.

I have had several people tell me I need to try an inversion table to help decompress the pinched vertabrae. Sounds like it would be a good addition to my therapy routine.

So, does anyone have any insight on inversion tables?

Marc M
Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
Mountainman has a spectacular aura aboutMountainman has a spectacular aura aboutMountainman has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
Mountainman's Tacoma Gallery
I have one and i think it works great. I'm an EMT and my back takes a lot of stress (picking up heavy people at awkward angles). My back gets pretty sore so i go hang upside down for a while and it makes it feel a lot better.
hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband has had similar issues...... although he has a herniated disc up near his neck, shoulder problems, and siatic nerve issues also.

This was probably a year ago.... he's had cortizone shots in his back/neck for the herniated discs. He's had cortizone shots in his shoulder. Lots & lots of therapy. That stuff was only temporary. He did buy a Teeter Hangup and used it. He claimed it worked and helped relieve some of the pressures/pain but realized he had to use it every day to continue to see the relief.

Since then, he's had shoulder surgery and for some reason...whatever drugs they pumped into him while on surgery and/or the drugs he used while recovering, helped calm down his siatic nerve problem. Weird......

Right now......7 months after his shoulder surgery, he hasn't had any siatic nerve problems and he hasn't used his Teeter Hang-up in over 7 months.

As for his disc near his neck - he still feels pressure/pain from it if he moves/pivots in certain directions. But ultimately....he stopped using the Teeter and not having any pain. Sooner or later he will need surgery on his disc (near his neck) but its a matter of waiting until it flairs up again and the pain becomes unbearable.

A lot of people swear by the inversion tables..... I know a guy at work uses it everyday and he loves it.

It's your health....if you think it'll help, then get one. I think some of them have trail offers to use temporarily to make sure you want to keep/buy it. You'll always have it..... and as you get older, you might need to use it again.

Ultimately....it's not a cure all. Sooner or later you will need surgery. It's a matter of how long you'll wait and/or suffer until you get it done.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
My father has had one for years. He said he thought it worked very well. I dont know how often he uses it any more though. And actually, if you're in PA and looking to pick one up, I can certainly ask if he wants to keep it or sell.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I have one and love it, also. I'd ask a doctor before you get one for an herniated disc if I were you. Just my .02.

The guy I bought it from had an herniated disc and his doctor told him not to use it, that's why he sold it to me.