1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bone Q&A.

Discussion in 'Health' started by BlueTaco07, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Oct 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 [OP] Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Hi guys,
    On September 22nd I was skimming and have actually slightly fractured my hip. Very small just a peice of the pelvic bone chipped down about 1/4 and inch. Ive been going to the doc for 2 visits now for re xrays and my most recent was 2 weeks ago. the bone had reattached. But now I feel no pain whatsoever and Im able to run and stretch anyway I could without the fracture. The doc still hasnt cleared me howevercould the bone be fully healed? Ive been taking in lots of calicum and vitiams if that could have sped up the healing process. Only reason is because I have a competetion saturday I need to make.

2. Oct 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 [OP] Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
  3. Oct 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    I'm not a Dr. but I'm an X-ray tech and deal with fractures and surgeries daily......I would think 2 weeks is not enough time to "fully" heal depending on age, usually only children heal that fast. It can be easily fractured again if you do to too much too soon! What's the competition and how did it originally fracture?

4. Oct 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    I wouldn't do anything until yuo get the clear. Im a physical therapy major and I cant tell you how many times athletes come in and do to much to fast. It sucks waiting but your bones are still structurally fusing back together.

Stretching and running misaligns them ever so slightly since they are not fully fused yet and "stretch" or "bend", which might not be something now but later on could develop into something more serious due it. And that would probably go undiagnosed because everything "looks" normal.

5. Oct 31, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    Also, he is covering his ass to make sure you are cleared to go. Better safe than sorry when it comes to medical issues, especially structural/foundation issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top