1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight loss help. Feeling so down and blah!!!

Discussion in 'Health' started by aidenhardcore, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Nov 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    aidenhardcore

aidenhardcore [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    boston,ma
    Vehicle:
    2017 trd off road
    None yet but soon all black.
    Hey guys. I need some tw help. Right now I'm at about 45lbs weight loss and I'm doing good but this past month has been hard. Haven't lost anything an kind of in a rut. I need to get out of it and lose more weight and stuff but I just can't seem to get out of it. I work alot so going to the gym 24/7 isn't gonna work. Even though I wish lol. I guess I need some motivation from some tw dudes. It's deff hard to lose weight and not a easy thing to do. Just trying to give myself some confidence but I'm slowly dragging myself down. It sucks. Idk what to do anymore. Grrrr!!!

Oh and does anyone have any suggestions on some good protien shakes. I habe a big container of some powder stuff but it sole cheap walmart brand lol. i want something alittle better. I tend to have just one in the morning for breakfast but I'm thinking I need more then one. How's many do you guys have a day. I'm thinking one for breakfast and one for a snack in the afternoon? I feel like i should be having 2 but thats just me. Thanks guys for helping.

2. Dec 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    Davidd

Davidd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner
    Truck Built by DMZ

A few things we tell our athletes/ clients are simple strategies to help. I always hear I cannot go to the gym, but being active does not mean go to the gym. Parking a little further to walk, taking stairs vs elevators, drinking water vs sugar drinks are smaller steps that can help the overall goal.
    Also, you do not need to be at the gym for hours. Doing a simple time circuit within 15 mins is plenty.

Realistically your biggest change will be your nutrition. Are you eating enough? Are you eating correctly? Are you putting the correct portions in your meals?
    This is where a lot of people slip up. When I prepare my meals, I always include protein, carbs, fats. Protein: the less legs the better. Ex: fish vs cow. Carbs: I go a 2:1 ratio of protein because I am very active. I workout 4 times a week, I play ice hockey twice and I mtn bike on occasion so I need the fuel for it and carbs are the powerhouse for us. Try cutting your carb portion to a 1:1. Fats: there are plenty of fats that are healthy. In my meals I include avocados, olive oil for my salad dressing etc.

Protein shakes are meal replacements. I prefer to get a well balanced meal in but when I do take them on occasion and this is where I get it from:http://www.truenutrition.com/c-2-true-nutrition-raw.aspx
    If I cannot pronounce the ingredients, I stay away from that crap.

When I took them on a daily basis, I had 2 a day. One with breakfast, one before I went to bed. But my goals were different. I was trying to gain weight

For you, I would suggest on setting small milestone goals to get to your final goal. Like I mentioned before maybe taking stairs vs elevators. Squeezing in small workouts vs hour long. You can easily do a simple body weight routine and still get benefits.

3. Dec 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    Corndawg

Corndawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab TRD off road Radiant Red
    2.5 inch pro comp lift Cobra XRS 9745 Detector 15 band scanner Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Python 991 remote start/ security. Tinted license plate covers Fog Light Mod PIAA Extreme White 4000K Replacement bulbs Red LED Dome and Map lights LED replacement tail light bulbs Black Weather Tech Floor Liners front and rear
  4. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Simply put: eat right.

A majority of bodybuilding (which can mean sculpting your body however you want, not just getting humongous) is strictly diet.

Stop eating junk, if it's bad for you don't touch it. Eat your fruit and veggies, etc.
    Get in a routine and do things semi-gradual rather than huge workouts and huge leaps in diet right away and then burning out and failing.

Pick three or four things in your diet you ought to get rid of and three or four things you SHOULD be eating and replace them. If you can stick to it you'll feel better very soon.

Pick a three or four day split in the gym to start off with. Definitely push yourself, but if you burn out doing huge full body work outs daily and cardio for three hours you'll burn out and fail.

basically, fix your habits and you mind/body will follow suit.

5. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Corndawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2.5 inch pro comp lift Cobra XRS 9745 Detector 15 band scanner Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Python 991 remote start/ security. Tinted license plate covers Fog Light Mod PIAA Extreme White 4000K Replacement bulbs Red LED Dome and Map lights LED replacement tail light bulbs Black Weather Tech Floor Liners front and rear
    and i only take 1 while im working out. optimum nutrition whey protien. just powder and water. if you want to get crafty though

MILK
    Powder
    Ice
    Banana
    Oats (if desired)
    peanut butter
    yogurt maybe

drink with protien bar
    or
    PB and J

if your goal is weight loss. 1 mile a day as fast as you can. weather thats running walking. cardio is your best friend

6. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Also, supplementing butt loads of protein isn't exactly low calorie wight loss help ha

7. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I would stay away from protein shakes if you are trying to lose weight. Balanced meals are important as stated above. Calorie counting is important as well. Portion control is a big one as well.

8. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    T-rev

T-rev Resident Mall Crawler

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad
    X2..

9. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Don't get down dude! Be excited about being 45 pounds lighter and just switch up your routine. Make sure your doing activities that are fun: ride a bike, get a pedometer and set goals like 10k steps every day, hike some trails. If you miss a gym trip set up a home routine with push ups, dips, sit-ups, crunches, planks, jumping jacks etc.
    All above is great advice as well!

10. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    Corndawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    i have the perfect pullup if im feeling lazy just do a workout there and go for a long walk

11. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    ^^^Spot on right here......Quick calisthenic circuits are great for boosting T and GH levels and I only drink shakes when gaining, real food wins everytime. Great job losing 45lbs already BTW! Small battles at a time man! At least you've kept it off, be proud of that too!

12. Dec 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    what does a typical day look like for you as far as nutrition is concerned?

13. Dec 2, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    Davidd

Davidd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner
    Truck Built by DMZ
    Not sure if the question was intended to the OP, but here is my layout.
    Also, please note that I am no registered dietitian. I do have some experience in understanding nutrition, but the organization I work for has RDs that handle all of these questions. ***My meal nutrition intake works for me*** We all have different metabolisms, daily activities etc. So what may work for me may not for you.
    My background is a BS in Kinesiology, CSCS certified, and I work for an organization that has seen pretty good results the past 10 years.

Ok, will all of the background out of the way, here is what I will do for tomorrow (i am trying to gain weight):
    My daily caloric intake is 3800 calories a day. As i mentioned previously, I train 4X a week and play ice hockey on the weekends.

Breakfast:
    2 scramble eggs
    2 pieces of turkey bacon
    1/2 of an avocado
    Fruit smoothie with whole milk

Snack 1:
    Banana with all natural peanut butter (1 tblsp)

Lunch:
    -Spinach salad with olive oil as dressing. Has chicken (handful), garbanzo beans, kidney beans, tomatoes
    -grilled chicken, quinoa salad, with a side of broccoli, carrots, and asparagus

Snack 2:
    A PB and J or 2

Dinner (I usually workout an hour before dinner):
    - 9 oz steak with brown rice, mashed potatoes with a fruit salad

Bedtime shake/snack 3:
    - almond milk, with unflavored protein from the link above, cocoa for chocolate flavor, banana, peanut butter, rolled oats

This equals to about 3800 calories a day. Do I hit that target everyday? No but i try to get close to it.

At my work we give out daily meal builders to our athletes/clients. Here is a site that i found pretty close to the target calorie intake: http://allnutritionals.com/calculators/daily_calorie_calculator.php

Here is one of our sites that has tons of free content and has some pretty interesting articles that will help you educate yourself:
    http://www.coreperformance.com/about/101/#nutrition

Target goal to drop or gain should be 1-2lbs a week. Anything above or below that becomes unsustainable meal plan wise.

Hope this helps.

14. Dec 3, 2012 at 3:01 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    eh...brush it off for now OP.

Gonna have some periods where you do the right things, but just don't lose the weight. You've lost 45 pounds before then, so you've done something right OP!!!!!!

Maybe you could try to change the diet up a little bit. Throw the body some new types of foods, maybe your body has gotten used to breaking down the same types of things over the past while.

Getting some excerise in would def help no matter what. Whatever you can find. Jump Rope is good. Even just some stupid leg lifts while laying on the floor. You can really do some good leg lifts in 5-10 minutes and feel it in the abs. 5-10 mins, thats all. This is easy for my wife and I as we're on the floor with kids quite often.

Got a girl? Bang the shit outta her, sex is excerise!

I like the Fiber One stuff alot. Breakfast bars. Yummy ass little brownies.

Good Luck OP!

Don't get down.

I've gone from 200ish to hovering in the low 160's. I've got a thread a little down the 1st page of this subforum, check it out.

15. Dec 3, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    Sublime

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Sexercise FTW!

16. Dec 3, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    aidenhardcore

aidenhardcore [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    boston,ma
    Vehicle:
    2017 trd off road
    None yet but soon all black.
    Wow:eek:. Thanks guys for the responses. I didn't think I was going get any replies lol. All the infor you guys gave me has helped alot. I guess I have been down and maybe depressed for awhile cause some stuff in my life has happen and thats bringing me down and not giving me the energy to do things you know? Its deff hard to focus on working out and stuff when you have other things in your mind.

I'm trying to get into a routine and Go the gym alot. In the past week, I have been working out like crazy so I hope it pays off. I'm going to a few places today to look at a personal trainer for myself. Im thinking if I have someone to work with me 24/7 then it will help alot. Since I live at home, I ask my father about it. He can kind of tell when I'm super down and stuff and said If I find a trainer, he would pay for half. So That was nice of him. Cause we all know there alot of damm money lol. This should help me alot.

Just to give everyone An idea. I went to a Vitamin shoppe to look at some protein shakes. The cheap kind I got at Walmart sucked and Didn't like it at all. Its really good. Taste like a real chocolate shake. I have one with skin milk in the morning and one with water after my workout. Seems to be doing good. I havent gained any lbs in the past 2 weeks so thats always good right? The guy said have 2 shakes a day is good and helps clean out your body. So thats what I have been doing so far.

I have a question for you guys though. I really wanna step it up and go hardcore on this working out and stuff. I wanna set a goal for this coming summer. Idk how much weight I could really lose safety in these next few months. Would 40lbs be alot to lose in 6 months lol. I have no idea. I just like setting up goals and a summer goal would be nice.

Thanks for all the help so far guys. Hope in the next few months, I can lose more and more .

17. Dec 3, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Sublime

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    40lbs in 6mnths......definitly doable if you keep at it! Circuits with weights (or whatever the trainer puts you on), some cardio 3-5 days a week and eating good is the ticket!

No matter what anyone says, the rules are the same and there's no short cuts to hard work and good eating.....diet pills and "most supplements" are fake quick fixes and won't make up for KILLING it on your own!

Take care of yourself emotionally too and find people that you can talk to!

18. Dec 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    poundin tacos

poundin tacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scot
    Dallas, TX/ SFL
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off-Road, 2018 built Macan Turbo (daily), 2nd gen dodge, 89 944
    I just signed a contract with YouTube as a featured channel for fitness launching January 1st. We also have a website launching that same day with diet plans, workouts, recipes and contest coverage etc. I can't post all the details of the videos before they are released but I can give you an outline of what will be in them along with 50 or so recipes great for losing weight if you e-mail me. Scotcurtis@ymail.com

19. Dec 3, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    Yes sorry David I was just trying to get an idea of what he was eating to see if there was anything glaring.

If I can make a recommendation I think there is too much emphasis on Macro nutrients and not enough on micro. In the US you are not going to find to many people suffering from a protein deficiency yet it seems we Americans are obsessed with protein. I was the same way once.

I really dont want to debate protein since the research on it is quite clear but you dont need a lot. Focus your diet on foods that will give you the most bang for your buck where vitamins minerals and phytochemicals are concerned. Namely fruits and veggies. Look around at the cultures which are predominately lean and see what they eat. Food quality is important as well. Our foods are already compromised to a degree but you can do better. Hit up the farmers markets for locally grown organic if possible, if you eat meat source grassfed and free range and just a suggestion to try, cut out dairy, all dairy and give it 3 weeks. I'm willing to bet you will notice a difference both in how you look how you feel and what the scale says. I might also suggest you go in and have your bloodwork done. It can be quite revealing. Most health insurances do not charge you even a copay for labwork so many times its free and the information you get back on whats going on inside your body is invaluable. I try and get bloodwork done several times a year. Nothing you do is going to be as important to catching something going on inside as bloodwork.

20. Dec 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    Strautins

Strautins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR; 2011 TRD OffRoad TX Pro
    2019- 265/70R17 on methods, GFC to be installed: Yukon 5.29, ARB oba, snorkel. (Lift tires armor TBD) 2011- Retired:OME lift, Light Racing UCA, Demello Front, Demello sliders, Brute force rear, TX pro wheels, 285/75s, snorkel, M8000, ARB OBA, Century shell, Relentless skids, Cobra 75
    Read "It Starts with Food" or "The Primal Blueprint"

Whole9life.com and marksdailyapple.com (respectively)

Products Discussed in

To Top