Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Health (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/health/)
-   -   Looking for some support. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/health/265414-looking-some-support.html)

C O R E 02-26-2013 05:21 AM

Looking for some support.

Just thought I would look for some support from some cool dudes...

My wife has been really ill lately with a combination of Crohn's disease, chronic acid reflux, and some sort of growth she has been feeling lately around her colon, last time she had this they thought it was an ovarian cyst and it turned out to be a massive cyst that tied her innards together and pulled them all over to one side (emergency 5-hour surgery). It was a bad deal.

For the religious folks out there like myself Im asking if you would please send up a few prayers for us that it's nothing major and can be taken care of quickly.

I appreciate it guys, means alot.

kroving 02-26-2013 05:23 AM

Prayers sent your way

Brentmeister 02-26-2013 05:32 AM

Thoughts and prayers my friend. Let not your heart be troubled...

C O R E 02-26-2013 05:39 AM

Thanks guys

Man, I'll take all I can get you guys God bless both of you. He's the best doctor known to man so I know it will work out. I don't deserve the favor but my wife sure does that woman is an angel.

LoadedTaco 02-26-2013 05:44 AM

Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your wife. Stay strong and stay positive the mental battles are just as important as the medicine.

jjew18 02-26-2013 05:45 AM

:pray: Thoughts and prayers sent your way!

BuzzardsGottaEat 02-26-2013 05:45 AM

Prayers sent, brother. Be strong even in the trials.

Boerseun 02-26-2013 05:54 AM

Prayers sent. Stay strong!

C O R E 02-26-2013 05:55 AM

The bad thing is, stress and worry causes the Crohn's condition to flare, so I've just been trying to keep her calm and not worried about having another really bad experience. Last time the doctors didnt exactly follow procedure on a certain part of the process and it caused her some extreme pain when she should have been sedated. She's haunted by that experience.

Thanks again guys, alot of this is mental so we are comforted by the prayers.

Hardscrabble 02-26-2013 05:56 AM

Prayers to you & your wife. God bless.

MTL Tacoma 02-26-2013 05:57 AM

Prayers and strength sent during this difficult time.

Kenobe 02-26-2013 06:15 AM

Prayers for you both.

Semi-related: My wife is pretty stressed by her current job. Her stress is now manifesting in physical form. It got so bad she actually collapsed one day while we were getting ready for work. Lucky I was right behind her and caught her. Long story short, she'll be quitting that job soon and going to school to change careers to something she'll enjoy.

Ken

C O R E 02-26-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenobe (Post 6501734)
Prayers for you both.

Semi-related: My wife is pretty stressed by her current job. Her stress is now manifesting in physical form. It got so bad she actually collapsed one day while we were getting ready for work. Lucky I was right behind her and caught her. Long story short, she'll be quitting that job soon and going to school to change careers to something she'll enjoy.

Ken

I know exactly what you're talking about my wife used to have a job at a gun shop and was worked like a slave for a crappy salary but she kept her head up and lasted a couple years. When she had her major surgery I mentioned earlier she went back to work 6 weeks later and they had replaced her. They hired another cashier and harassed my wife every day about the most minor stuff to the point of her coming home one day in tears. I told her not to return to work the next day and that they had replaced her and went around the Family Medical Leave Act by not firing her they just gave her a hard time hoping she would quit.

Needless to say I went to her store the next day to get her stuff and let them have it. God, I was so furious it's amazing I came out of there without handcuffs.

She's better off now working a job she loves that has it's stressful moments but what job doesn't right?

Update: she is feeling a little better this morning we think the pizza she ate last night on an empty stomach got her acid reflux working overtime...

C O R E 02-26-2013 12:32 PM

Update:

She had an appointment with gastroenterologist at 1PM, they didnt see her until 2:15, she is going downhill running a bad fever and very pale they think either a super bad flare-up, appendix burst, or another cyst formation.

She is being admitted to ER and I'll be away for a good portion of the afternoon. Thanks again for the support guys and please keep us in your prayers.

C O R E 02-27-2013 05:36 AM

Another update:

Turns out, after CT scan, labwork, and an overnight stay in hospital, doctors have determined that there is a stone (crystallized food particle) lodged in the wall of the intestine causing severe inflammation and pain/nausia. They are pretty confident that they can give her antibiotics and reduce the inflammation enough to free it and flush it out, worst case scenario they will need to surgically remove it.

Kinda sucks but thankfully it was not more serious like a comeback of her original cyst or appendix bursting. I'm sure if they surgically remove the stone they will likely take her appendix too if they can get to them.

Thanks again for the support guys it is definitely helping. God bless.

Kenobe 02-27-2013 06:21 AM

Good to hear!

ian408 02-27-2013 06:32 AM

Sounds like things are looking up for your wife. That's good to hear.

All the best to you both!

C O R E 03-01-2013 06:14 AM

Update: Hopefully the last

After CT scan #2, 2 of 3 doctors agree that the blockage is gone, she has been off pain/nausia meds for 24+ hours and pain/sick free...

She is on liquid/soft food and hopefully comes home later today.

Thanks again guys for the support, this has been pretty stressful for us with all the other stuff we have going on.

Lazylegs 03-01-2013 06:20 AM

Good to hear. God bless the wife and yourself.

BuzzardsGottaEat 03-01-2013 06:24 AM

That's great news! Still praying for you guys!