1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

POP! Something in my hand....

Discussion in 'Health' started by Janster, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Jun 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    A couple months ago I was squeezing, twisting, and trying to pull some weeds out. I guess I don't know my own strength (or should've got something to pry the bitch out - laugh).

My hand went POP!!! I pulled it up right away and was like...What the hell?? The pop & pain was in the center of my palm and down near the wrist.
    It hurt pretty bad and scared me at first because I had limited movement. I went in and put ice on it for about 10 minutes. I finally got movement in my hand but it was still somewhat 'numbish' feeling at that point. I started taking ibruprofen & such and went about my business. It ached pretty good for an entire week even after taking ibuprofen all week. After that first week....it felt normal.

I use my hands constantly at work. And for the past 2 months - there's not a day that goes by that I don't stress it and feel the pain. It's not any one movement.... it's a variety of movements where I restrain or pull whatever it is.

Anyone have any hand injuries like this? PUlled tendons?

Argh...crikey....

2. Jun 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    Griztaco

Griztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Thats sucks, I wonder what happened? Did you see a doctor?

3. Jun 17, 2009 at 4:22 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Not yet... It's hard enough trying to get an appointment with them when I work 1st shift. It's not that bad, just when I pull it while doing certain things.

I should call and make an appointment. :rolleyes:

4. Jun 17, 2009 at 4:38 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Imuna go with get it checked out even tho I popped something in the back of my arm where it connects to the shoulder gettin up water skiing & purpled up the backside of my upper arm & continued skiing that day & the next. Went to one doc who just told me nothing was torn but something is outta whak a bit & still haven't gone to have another have a look see. Make ya a deal, you go & I'll go get mine checked too...........

5. Jun 17, 2009 at 5:18 AM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    I pulled the tendon off the top of the knukle, of my middle finger, a few years back. Not even sure how I did it ,but it hurt like a bitch.

Every time you have any side movement it would pop down between my fingers...yeeeooow

The doc said I had a choice of tie it to the adjacent fingers for about a month or surgery........I chose to tie it down.

It has healed, but I can tell it is def not the way it used to be

6. Jun 22, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks to a little push from Wolfpak.... (Thanks man, I really did need that little push to get things moving)

I made an appointment with the doc and just got back from it.

They really can't do much, as my symptoms are so varied with movements and no localized pain to tell them about...

I figured its a pulled ligament or something which could take forever to heal especially if I keep using it and keep pulling it.

They told me to buy a hand support/splint thing and take ibuprofen/Aleve for 2 weeks. If it's not better by then, then an MRI.

I went to the drug store and bought this hand support thing.
    http://www.futuro-usa.com/images/product/product_14.jpg
    Which, to be completely honest, doesn't seem that it offers that much support. I might use some guaze wrap underneath it for more support. If anything, it'll be a constant reminder to 'be careful' and not use my hand as much.

Getting old isn't fun....I swear, the older I get the more visits to the doc I make. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys! My hands are far too important to let this type of thing 'go'.
    Now where's my Aleve?

7. Jun 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Sounds like you pinched a nerve Jan.

Products Discussed in

To Top