Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Health (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/health/)
-   -   Beaches are unsafe (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/health/49274-beaches-unsafe.html)

shockittillyareconizeit 08-22-2009 12:25 AM

Beaches are unsafe

So today, myself, FoxRacr17(Kevin), my girlfriend, his girlfriend, my girlfriends sister and her friend went to the beach to relax and have fun.

So we get there and set up our EZ UP and eat some food and we're just relaxin for about 2 hours, so i get up and i'm messin around in front of our EZUP, when i make a quick step and it feels like i scrape my heel on a rock, so i look down and see there's a piece of glass sticking up.:(

I IMMEDIATELY LOOK AT MY FOOT TO SEE A FLAP OF MY HEEL HANGING THERE!!!:eek::mad::goingcrazy:(my emotions in 0.5 seconds)

I walked over and sat down, applied some pressure, the lifeguard came over and wrapped my foot for me and Kevin found the rest of what seemed to be 2 broken glass beer bottles that some DUMBASS decided to break and bury in the sand instead of walking to the trash can that was 20 feet away.

It was deep and blleding and i cut it on glass of unknown origin so i went o ER and got it x-rayed to make sure there was no more glass stuck inside and then got it cleaned and steri-stripped. Kinda like sutures, just not as pokey, or hurty. :)

But i must say that the PA injecting the lidocaine into my foot was definitely the WORST PAIN EVER! Worse than the many broken bones i've dealt with. The burning was amazingly excrutiating.

I just thought i'd let everyone know to be careful whenever they go to the beach especially if you have little ones cuz stupid ass people that don't give a shit about anyone else, ESPECIALLY KIDS, are burying broken beer bottles and god knows what else.

At least i get a day off work. :censored:

Let's hope it heels without issue.

derekabraham 08-22-2009 12:27 AM

I hate the beach...

shockittillyareconizeit 08-22-2009 12:32 AM

I always did and thought i'd give it another shot and this is what i get for it.

derekabraham 08-22-2009 12:34 AM

What beach were you at?

heylookatthatblackXRunner 08-22-2009 12:34 AM

That is a shitty experience man!!!

I like the beach, but if it's somewhere where people aren't douches and clean up after themselves for the rest of us!!!

derekabraham 08-22-2009 12:35 AM

Oh, and sorry about your foot. :D

I hate fucking ass clowns that litter.

BakoTruck 08-22-2009 12:42 AM

Yeah there are a lot of idiots that just don't care, if only nature would take it's course if you know what I mean. ;)
I always go to the small beaches, and have not had a problem yet.

shockittillyareconizeit 08-22-2009 12:43 AM

Yeah, i hate em too. Thanks dude, It's alright though, shit happens. I just wanted everyone to know. We were at Huntington Beach.

1BlkT 08-22-2009 01:32 AM

Which part of Huntington? North or South of the Pier? Not suprising though with all the idiots that go down there.

Hope it heals fast for you

nurseboy 08-22-2009 01:34 AM

I dont like hungtington beach that much because so many high school kids go there and get drunk and leave bottles everywhere. Go ahead and drink if you want, but just be smart about. throw your shit away or use a can and throw it away.

I just came back from maui 2 days ago and man those beaches were fun. I went to my first nude beach which was interesting...

tacoholic 08-22-2009 01:37 AM

Huntington?!?! You'd think some of the people that go there would have decency...or they're just rich and don't give a damn cause "they can buy anything"

Oh well, shit happens. Hope you make a full recovery with no other issues!
(and the person that buried it has the same thing happen to them)

oldtacomaguy 08-22-2009 05:07 AM

That really sucks. When my wife was growing up they went to a beach on Cape Cod and someone buried coals from a grill in the sand. Second degree burn on her heel. Turns a nice day into a nightmare.

bb609 08-22-2009 05:30 AM

[quote=

But i must say that the PA injecting the lidocaine into my foot was definitely the WORST PAIN EVER! Worse than the many broken bones i've dealt with. The burning was amazingly excrutiating.

quote]

Amazing how much that tiny little sucker hurts, isn't it? Hope your foot is better.:cheers:

MiikeyD 08-22-2009 05:57 AM

wow... thank god i could give 10 shits about the beach. hope you feel better, it looks fucking sick just thinking about it in my mind..

shockittillyareconizeit 08-22-2009 10:19 AM

Yeah, i was amazed how much that drug could hurt. But after the burn, i didn't feel anything on my foot, which was nice. And yeah, it sucks how a good time turns into a horrible one in a split second.

oldtacomaguy 08-22-2009 11:40 AM

Let's hope it heels without issue.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

ccoorreeyy 08-22-2009 11:46 AM

I love the beach but that totally sucks!

Toyota Truck 08-22-2009 11:49 AM

That SUCKS hope you feel better. Wear flip flops next time.:D

raskal311 09-04-2009 12:53 PM

You guys should try going to Long Beach, your luck if it was just glass and not a cringe from some crack head.

jdkeller 09-04-2009 12:57 PM

I like newport, Carlsbad, Oceanside, and Laguna. Huntington is getting raunchy.