Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Health (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/health/)
-   -   Crossfit??? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/health/67435-crossfit.html)

Stillfly199 12-30-2009 08:55 AM

Crossfit???
 
Anybody out there doin Crossfit? I went for a month back in April and it was an ass kicker. I have started back up and am on week 3 and already notice a huge difference.

Janster 12-30-2009 11:49 AM

It's really cool but WAY out of my leaque in terms of abilities.

Someone needs to come up with a 'lower impact' version for us old & out of shape folks. :D

staplak 12-30-2009 11:54 AM

I've heard that is a good program. I did p90x and it was pretty intense.Good results.

Stillfly199 12-30-2009 11:55 AM

Haha, we have some elderly ladies, older than you :p, out there. The only thing I hate is its expensive as hell

NorthXNorthwest 01-09-2010 08:44 AM

I do crossfi at least three times a week. I started making my platoon go instead of the regular army PT program. I will start posting our workouts on here in a new thread if anyoine is interested.

Slotback 01-09-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthXNorthwest (Post 1299460)
I do crossfir at least three times a week. I started making my platoon go instead of the regular army PT program. I will start posting a our workouts on here in a new thread if anyoine is interested.

I don't blame you for making your platoon do it. Variety keeps workouts interesting, that's for sure. Whether it's Crossfit or something else, keeping it mixed up keeps everyone from being bored, and ensures that everyone will hate you when it comes to PT:D

NorthXNorthwest 01-09-2010 09:43 AM

I agree. Doing the same thign everyday gets hella boring
My guys are really shining through on the challenge of it.
One feels a sense of accomplishment (and pain) when we get done with the workout!

usmcgoose 01-14-2010 10:04 AM

I did crossfit for about 6 months when I was in NC. The results I had were good. The only thing I noticed was after a while with it, I lost strength in weight lifting. So I began a balanced regime between that and weight lifting

Stillfly199 01-14-2010 10:19 AM

I've been doing it for about a month now and I can already tell huge differences in almost everything I do.

robdawg14m 01-14-2010 10:21 AM

Crap costs way to much!

NorthXNorthwest 01-14-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdawg14m (Post 1317291)
Crap costs way to much!

Free for me.

You can really do most of it on your own, just need the basic stuff, kettlebells, a pull up bar, medicine ball that sort of thing.

AvsFanTRD 01-14-2010 10:34 AM

Best exercise ever! I do it 5 days/week

Stillfly199 01-14-2010 10:43 AM

Ya you can do it at home, I just dont get as motivated as I do working out with other people.

NorthXNorthwest 01-14-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillfly199 (Post 1317402)
Ya you can do it at home, I just dont get as motivated as I do working out with other people.


Yeah. My crew motivates me. It is almost a friendly competition, for bragging rights at the very least.

We have abotu 15 boards that times are tracked on. Helps to see your improvement in times too.

rlanicek 01-14-2010 12:47 PM

Crossfit is by far the most effective workout regime I've ever used, but you have to do it regularly. The Crossfit schedule is three days on, one off. You could probably deviate a little but it is more effective if you stay as close to it as possible.

Oh, and it's free. Look on the Crossfit website for the Workout of the Day (WOD) and do it in whatever gym you belong to. Many workouts can be done at home.

I did it religiously for two years while in Afghanistan, and I came home in the best shape of my life.

SiRMarlon 01-15-2010 04:41 PM

OMG I love Crossfit! :D I started doing Crossfit with my Brother Denny (Dtrujillo63) back in August as a birthday present to myself...It's helped me so much! :) That I can officially say I am becoming a Crossfitter for life!! My start weight was 320lbs and I am down to 280lbs in the short 5.5 months I have been doing it!

My Cardio has skyrocketed my strength has increased dramatically. I'm telling you guys it's the best thing EVER!!! I love how challenging the WODs are especially the signature workouts! I had my crack at "Fight gone bad" a couple of weeks ago and it was fucken awesome!

I workout 5 days a weeks, I usually attend the last class of the evening but I'm there about an hour in advance because I like to row 5000m before every class! I love to Row! :p my 2000m row time is 7:30 and my 5000m row time is 20:22 (Both top times in the gym) hopefully I can keep improving those times. My goal in the next few years is to keep working out hard so one day I can take a crack at the Crossfit games :)

Stillfly199 01-15-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiRMarlon (Post 1321971)
OMG I love Crossfit! :D I started doing Crossfit with my Brother Denny (Dtrujillo63) back in August as a birthday present to myself...It's helped me so much! :) That I can officially say I am becoming a Crossfitter for life!! My start weight was 320lbs and I am down to 280lbs in the short 5.5 months I have been doing it!

My Cardio has skyrocketed my strength has increased dramatically. I'm telling you guys it's the best thing EVER!!! I love how challenging the WODs are especially the signature workouts! I had my crack at "Fight gone bad" a couple of weeks ago and it was fucken awesome!

I workout 5 days a weeks, I usually attend the last class of the evening but I'm there about an hour in advance because I like to row 5000m before every class! I love to Row! :p my 2000m row time is 7:30 and my 5000m row time is 20:22 (Both top times in the gym) hopefully I can keep improving those times. My goal in the next few years is to keep working out hard so one day I can take a crack at the Crossfit games :)

I love hearing stories like this. The sister of one of out trainers dropped over 50lbs doin this. Keep it up and you will no doubt hit your goal. Rowing is super fun, I hit the 500m row in 1:41. Rowing is bad ass, I love it.

SiRMarlon 01-15-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillfly199 (Post 1322031)
I love hearing stories like this. The sister of one of out trainers dropped over 50lbs doin this. Keep it up and you will no doubt hit your goal. Rowing is super fun, I hit the 500m row in 1:41. Rowing is bad ass, I love it.

I got you beat in the 500M :D 1:32...yeah dude CF has changed my life so much! When people ask me about it I can never shutup! :p

Stillfly199 01-15-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiRMarlon (Post 1322072)
I got you beat in the 500M :D 1:32...yeah dude CF has changed my life so much! When people ask me about it I can never shutup! :p

Great, gotta go do some rowing tomorrow now :p I am the same way when talking to people. Im sick and I still went yesterday and today, gotta get that work out in :D

Janster 01-15-2010 09:40 PM

I gotta start looking at Crossfit again. Cuz my workouts a the gym are getting a little too regular.

Great to hear such positive results you guys are seeing! That's awesome!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 PM.