1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Starting P90X soon, anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Health' started by memario1214, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Feb 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 [OP] Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Well, this journey officially began on March 1st, and a small group of us have taken up the challenge. I am on my second round. Anyone is welcome to join in at any time, and we will be here giving you insight and supporting you throughout the entire process.

UPDATE:
    Due to some issues with Gbridge and the fact that not all people have their workout equipment in front of their computer, I have decided that I will extend my "nearly free" distribution of P90X to those of you who are serious about getting into great shape. For $15, I will burn the program onto 12 seperate DVDs and ship it out to you lickety split. As far as the fitness and nutrition guides as well as calenders go, I have all of those in pdf format so you can pm me your email and everything will get out to you as soon as I get it.

Also, for those of you who don't want to pay for it, if you want to download a program called Gbridge (free download), I have it all on my hard drive so you could essentially get everything for free (Calendars, charts, videos, everything). That is if the price was a deterrent from you getting the program in the first place. You just have to add me as a friend memario1214@gmail.com and then you can download it easy as pie. (Please realize that this process takes a few days to complete) I trimmed the fat from my previous file to the tune of about 8 gigs, so the entire thing is about 7 Gb now... There is a few .rar files I wasn't able to get rid of, so you will also need to download a program called jZip. Great utility, opens up the archived files so that they will run with Windows Media Player, or anything that will play WMV.

WORKOUT UPDATE:
    Well, I am officially done with Phase 1. I have some pictures up in Photobucket so you can see the change which isn't much, because frankly, Phase 1 doesn't do much for a body that isn't ready to be attacked. Looking for big things in phase 2. More to come...

March 3, 2010: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/vice_500/Fitness/March 3 2010/

March 29, 2010: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/vice_500/Fitness/March 29 2010/

2. Feb 9, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    Ha, I would, Im getting fatter everyday.

3. Feb 9, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    pberry

pberry New Member

Member:
    I have it, have made a few weeks through a couple of times. Was thinking about starting it again. I would be interested.

4. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    I wouldn't mind grabbing a copy of the ab ripper x, but I'm not interested in the full work out, I like the gym better.

5. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    FirstCohort

FirstCohort Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 DC LB 4x4 BSP
    WeatherTech Vent visors, access soft roll-up bed cover, factory side steps, factory bed mat, weathertech floorliner fore and aft, tinted front windows- State legal 50% : (
    Hell Yeah I'm interested. Price is definitely keeping me from this plan. I already pay for TaeKwonDo lessons so hate paying for more. Would really like this plan as I want to see the results compared to what I've been doing. Alas gbridge is not available for Mac.

6. Feb 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    MC1983

MC1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB
    what kind of equipment is needed for p90x? I had a friend who was starting it up and it sounded kind of interesting.

7. Feb 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    nothing much.

couple of dumbbells
    chin up bar (get one of those multi grip ones that fit in doorways as they are freaking awesome!)
    a mat would be a good idea (not necessay but you spend alot of time on the ground)
    some stretch bands (not necessary)

I just downloaded the ab ripper x last night, I forgot how hard that thing is, but it will probably get me a nice defined 6pack pretty quick.

8. Feb 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    LazyRyan

LazyRyan Wtf am i suppose to type here?

Member:
    Long Beach,CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DblCab PreRunner V6 TRD Sport
    BHLM, Black badges, Trex Eyelids, AFE drop in
    i jus started 2 weeks ago and im sore everyday. hate it but i love it

9. Feb 15, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    krisjw101

krisjw101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Autobot in my rear window
    Colton, I give you tons of respect for making it through once much less starting again. I have the program and have tried to make it through but only made it a few weeks both times. I just have all of the excuses in the world to not do it....HAHA! About 3 years ago I lost 70 pounds but never got in good shape. I was a big dude!!! So to answer your question yeah I'll start with you. When are we starting? Do you take any supplements that really help you out? Which way do you follow the eating guide, or do you?

Thanks, Kris

10. Feb 15, 2010 at 11:11 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Find something that is a file sharing program compatible for both, and I will be more than happy to get it to you. If not, I will figure something out. I am always up to helping out my fellow man.

11. Feb 15, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    My plan is to start out again here in about a week and a half. I am going on a long ice fishing trip here leaving tomorrow night and I won't be back until Sunday. I will more than likely start up midweek next week then.

As far as eating goes, I am no expert, but I know what really does work for me. I am one of those skinny guys trying to load up, so as far as our eating regiments go, I think we may be on opposite playing fields. I eat... ALL DAY LONG (And still fight to gain weight). For those trying to slim down, eating small meals throughout the day really does help, even if it is just a banana or something like that. I would follow the eating guide if you can, as I am sure it really does work. I have always been told that having a great physique is 40% gym, 60% eating habits.

Supplements...
    Mulitvitamin is key, especially for just staying healthy. I find that if I do a heavy workout like p90x, unsupplemented, it wears my body down bad and I tend to get sick sometime around weeks 3-5. Which leads me to tell you that I supplement with Vitamin C as well.

Kris, I am not sure what your goals are, as I know nobody's on here, but I can only assume it is to shave off that extra fat all while building some lean muscle, as is most of ours. I find results in taking Creatine, as it keeps the muscles nourished and keeps me from getting sore which is especially helpful in the rigorous 6x a week p90x calls for. The nice thing about it is that it is very easy to take. I buy unflavored and put it in my post workout drink (water, gatorade, etc.). Especially in that first week or so, taking creatine will be a noticeable difference, as your muscles are fully nourished at all times.

I hope this helps you and anyone else, as I am not what I want to see in the mirror at this point either. Don't think that I am an expert by any means. I am just trying to pass on what I have learned so far. Since I will be gone, I may push this back a few extra days in order to equip the last few stragglers with the program. So let's shoot for Monday, March 1st. I will be on here tomorrow periodically into the night until we finally decide to get on the road. If anyone has any other questions feel free to PM me, and if you don't get a response right away don't be offended, I am probably gone. Those of you who would like to do this alongside me, prepare yourself for the best and worst 90 days to come.

-Colton

12. Feb 15, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    p90x is serious business. really works if you push urself.

13. Feb 16, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    krisjw101

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    I'm for sure in. Starting on the 1st sounds graet to me.

14. Feb 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    sooner02r1

sooner02r1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you like the style of P90X, try crossfit. P90x has a good theory, but it's kinda drawn out and not that intense. And I HATE yoga and all that crap. Crossfit it 20x as intense as P90x, and most days doesn't take as long. I think it's a better overall fitness and strength.

15. Feb 20, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    I got it for x-mas last year. Still in the box

16. Feb 21, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Well uh sooner... We really don't need anyone coming in here to just be a buzzkill. Some of us don't have the funds or the crossfit program in our area (like myself) and for what I am trying to do I know from experience that p90x will push me to my goals. This is a thread for those of us that are trying to better ourselves with the resources we are provided. If you were just providing input, I appreciate it. If not, all you're doing is ruining a good thing...

17. Feb 22, 2010 at 4:46 AM
    tomonian77

tomonian77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Magnolia, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 PR DC 4.0
    Painted Rims Black, Painted Emblems Black, Aftermarket Stereo, Grillcraft, BHLM, K&N CAI
    I am in! I will download Gbridge tonight. What is the next step after I get it downloaded?

18. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    You then need to add me as a friend... My gbridge email is memario1214@gmail.com . Once I accept your invitation, you can then get into my secure shares and I have the entire p90x program in one folder. You can download it piece by piece if you would like or the entire file, though I recommend the entire file. Everything in there is useful. Any questions feel free to PM me. Hope you guys are getting ready, one week from today!

19. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    ColdZeroBSP

ColdZeroBSP Yo homie, that my briefcase?

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Tewksbury MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC
    console vault, viper remote start, weathertech front and rears
    I'm starting back up again after taking time off from weight training. I think my body is more suited to 'combat conditioning' anyways. For anyone who thinks it's not intense, you're obviously not doing it right. You can make it through the workouts doing sets of 15 pushups and using 20 lb dumbbells. But if you progress to the point where you're doing 30 or 40 pushups per set and 30 to 50lb. dumbbells for the majority of the exercises it is a serious kick in the nuts. It's the only workout that has actually made me throw up. Can't wait to get started again :headbang:

Oh and you don't have to do all the yoga crap. I just do the normal workouts, ab ripper, and sometimes plyo. My normal cardio is running which I think is better anyways. Good luck to everybody's who's starting!

20. Feb 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    krisjw101

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Hey everybody what do you all do for the eating portion of the program? Its kinda hard for me, so do you guys have any tips?

Products Discussed in

To Top