Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

Let's see everyone's Keezers!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #21
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtlgrlie View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe that a fridge door and a freezer lid are more alike than a fridge door and the front body of a freezer. Refrigerant lines are an unknown around the body of a chest freezer, but in the lid they are absent....same with a fridge door, it is basically a wall of insulation that opens and closes. No lines to be wary of. I'm really just thinking of it in a common sense way, not that I've actually drilled either. Maybe someone in the HVAC type field can chime in definitively.
Pretty much spot on. It really depends on what type of set up the fridge/freezer with the shelves having plate or wire type evaporators to cool or if it's a self contained skid with just the air being blown around the box or the old ice box configuration. With refrigerant you're better off erring on the cautious side for environmental and personal safety as well as the fact if you hit a line your keezer is well...no longer going to give you a frosty brew.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #23
pequeno keeblero
El Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
El Taco Sucio's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my 4 tap Keezer
Natural finish Alder with Mexican Noche Vein Cut Travertine:

I turned the handles from a hardwood called Tigre Caspi: