Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

Let's see everyone's Keezers!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Let's see everyone's Keezers!!!

Im in the process of building my 6-Keg Keezer. It's just been a plain white deep freezer for a while now, but i want to build a collar and make it look pretty stout.

What all do yalls look like??

On Tap:
- Sierra Nevada Clone (4.8%)
- Scottish Wee Heavy (12%)
- American Ale (5%)

Up next: Cream Ale. STATUS UPDATE: KEGGED.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Not a keezer; just a Danby kegerator.

Been keeping a look out online for nice handles for it but no luck so far.

Has a pony in it right now of Blue Moon. It's what the girlfriend wanted and since she paid for half of it I figured what the hell.

I am whoring it out as much as I can so I can put some New Castle Brown Ale in as soon as the Blue Moon is out.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i got a kegerator that holds 2 full size kegs lol
Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i got a kegerator that holds 2 full size kegs lol
You're not old enough to drink. Post pics.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
You're not old enough to drink. Post pics.
what are you talking about?

its at my buddies house, ill see if he can send me some. i lost 2 keg shells from desert parties so i gotta get some more. its a full size fridge/freezer, has well had 2 kegs the big co2 bottle like 3 different taps the whole shabang. i think we got it for likr 280 bucks. had a bunch of different handles too
Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine. My parents had this freezer in their garage for years and never used it. They let me have it and I converted it to a lager-er & kegerator.
I homebrew, so it can fit two 5 gallon corny kegs. However, the CO2 doesn't fit. I'd like to drill a hole in the side at some point for the hose.
Here is a picture before I painted it red.

Inside (with one corny keg)

Dual tap!

New tap handles! You can see I don't have room for the CO2 here. I just set it on top of the lid, or if I take it to a party, I'll set it on the floor.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #7

Firefighter:
Man that's a nice set-up.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Mine taken a while back. Once i get my collar and perlicks i'll be able to lose the party taps.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #9

Firefighter:
Nice man, can't wait to see the finished product. Blue Moon was killed a couple days ago. Half-barrel of Newcastle should be here on Wednesday.

Too bad the GF isn't a fan of IPAs.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I had one for years, when a buddy moved to the east coast. Full-size standup fridge. He came back and I gave it back.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Welp. After 18 days of ordering a half-barrel of New Castle it finally came in today. Going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Nothing better than ice cold beer on tap!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
I just recovered my old stand up fridge from a friends house. They are moving into a new place and don't need it anymore. going to put it in my garage and convert it to a kegerator. I am not sure if I want to double tap it and build a stand to hold 2 1/4 barrels or just a single 1/2.

Thoughts?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Mtlgrlie is on a distinguished road
Mtlgrlie's Tacoma Gallery
Tomorrow brewing an imperial brown ale and also Deadringer IPA...
Almost done with a Belgian Triple on tap now.

Here's my build (i call it a kreezer, since it was a freezer) :

I figure the inside is way too standard to include!

pic 1: almost done! even a rolling dolly for moving.

photo by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr

Thaxling Brewery. Just finished.

100_1092 by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr

tap handles I made too. made a few more diff types. crap picture though.

IMG00066 by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr
Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtlgrlie View Post

Here's my build (i call it a kreezer, since it was a freezer) :

Whats with the wood? Was your keezer too short for the keg, and thats just to make room for the taps? (Not a bad idea for me to do, actually.)
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #16
I could be wrong, but IMO it is a Keg/fridge vs. keg/freezer. If not, sorry.

A few names....kegerator, kreezer, keezer, and so on, and so on......

They both have pluses and negatives. I had a freezer we were not using. It holds 2 kegs plus CO2 and a few 6 packs or 750s. But it has to have a collar and a temperature controller. But with a fridge you either use party taps or drill into the door. I like the collar personally, if my freezer dies, I reuse the collar!

My kreezer is the black and green one.

I have 2 hop beauties bubbling away right now!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #17
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
must get one of these......
Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #18
Oh, and about the wood, you make a collar because you DO NOT want to drill a freezer. There are a ton of different ways people design the tap placement etc, but I came up with this for mine. Most can't figure out what to do with the drip tray.....I knew where I wanted it, NOT attached to my freezer.

Look on YouTube. There are people who give video instructions on building them....i think the guy I used also has videos for restoring his MG too. Great help it was.

And I love green and dogfish head beer, so green stain/marine-grade sealer and black chalkboard paint.

Good luck if you build one. We absolutely love ours. Wouldn't go back to bottles EVER.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Boilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Boilermaker99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtlgrlie View Post
Oh, and about the wood, you make a collar because you DO NOT want to drill a freezer. There are a ton of different ways people design the tap placement etc, but I came up with this for mine. Most can't figure out what to do with the drip tray.....I knew where I wanted it, NOT attached to my freezer.

Look on YouTube. There are people who give video instructions on building them....i think the guy I used also has videos for restoring his MG too. Great help it was.

And I love green and dogfish head beer, so green stain/marine-grade sealer and black chalkboard paint.

Good luck if you build one. We absolutely love ours. Wouldn't go back to bottles EVER.
And why wouldnt you want to drill a freezer, but ok to drill a fridge, Do you know something I dont know??
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker99 View Post
And why wouldnt you want to drill a freezer, but ok to drill a fridge, Do you know something I dont know??
I may be wrong, but I believe that a fridge door and a freezer lid are more alike than a fridge door and the front body of a freezer. Refrigerant lines are an unknown around the body of a chest freezer, but in the lid they are absent....same with a fridge door, it is basically a wall of insulation that opens and closes. No lines to be wary of. I'm really just thinking of it in a common sense way, not that I've actually drilled either. Maybe someone in the HVAC type field can chime in definitively.

I mostly knew that if someone mention refrigerant lines and that you can't be sure where they are, and people do hit them drilling, that a collar was a more fun and cheaper option!

Hope to hear a proper answer.

Happy brewing! I now have on tap a dry hopped IBA, and a hopped IPA....next to brew is a Belgian red ale (sour) and a German heffe.