Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

What are you brewing today?

Old 01-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
What are you brewing today?

I just ordered a Maibock Lager kit from Northwestern Brewer.

I hope to brew this weekend, but I'm not sure the kit will come in before the weekend. I have brewed several kits from northwestern, and almost all of them have been very good. (The California Common wasn't great).

My keezer is full of beer at the moment, so I can't use it to lager the maibock, but we have a temperature controlled freezer at work that nobody is using, so I've commandeered it to lager my beer. I just hope the production guys don't try to sample it while it ferments!

What are you guys brewing currently?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery
Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA Clone from Yooper at Homebrewtalk.com currently in fermenter. Lotsa Hops!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing..... but i am drinking a nice yuengling porter! but i cant wait to do my brew! but i need to save up some money to get started first. but hey let us know how it is!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #4

Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
I've got my Maibock in the freezer (temperature controlled) here at work.
FedEx delivered on Saturday, so I brewed on Sunday.

I did a yeast starter (my first), but my batch has not started fermentation yet. *gulp*. It hasn't been 24 hours, but I'm hoping I'll hear/see some bubbles in that airlock soon.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #5

Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshark View Post
I did a yeast starter (my first), but my batch has not started fermentation yet. *gulp*. It hasn't been 24 hours, but I'm hoping I'll hear/see some bubbles in that airlock soon.
We have fermentation! *whew*.

The two most stressful times (for me) when brewing is waiting for fermentation to start, and drinking the beer for the first time.

In my many years of brewing, I've only had one brew go south on me (not ferment). I've had several beers that were not 'great' to drink, however.

I'll let you know in 2-3 months how this one turns out.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #6

Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Work 'keezer'

Fermentation!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
tundra2tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
tundra2tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a chocolate stout that is ready to rack to secondary - will be doing so tonight. Have a Belgian Trippel in secondary that is ready to keg. will be aging that one for a few months before it gets tapped.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Sunday I'm going to start another batch of hard apple cider. Can't decide if I'm going to do a secondary flavor, or just make it straight out!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #9
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Dry Hopped my IPA. I was worried that fermentation was stuck, but it is 1 point shy of target. Smells so goooood! Get your hands on some Simcoe and Amarillo Hops!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Outdoor Adventurer
TEX82Trooper is on a distinguished road

Army: Sergeant Major,3rd Bn, 39th Rgt, Texas State Guard (prior service 82nd Airborne paratrooper)
Name: John
TEX82Trooper's Tacoma Gallery
Not brewing today, but will be kegging an Irish Red tonight and brewing an IPA tomorrow. Then I have to get on my new beer fridge project, old brew fridge died. This onw will have 2 (maybe 3) taps in the door and Co2 inlet line just like the old one.

Cheers.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #11

Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshark View Post
I'll let you know in 2-3 months how this one turns out.
It turned out great!

I brewed a Northern Brewer kit "Dead Ringer IPA" this weekend as well. It is fermenting away in closet.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #12
Just bottled 5 gallons of Apfelwein and pitched some Skeeter Pee (Lemon Wine) on top of yeast cake. Another 5 Gallons of a Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA clone dry hopping, and 5 gallons of my "Mt. Citra Summit" IPA in primary.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

I got a Blonde Ale Fermenting. I can't wait to try it!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5 gallons of Live Oak Hefe clone in the primary. Starting work on the kegerator this weekend hopefully.