Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

winemaking

Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
winemaking

Anyone make their own wine? recipes??
Old 11-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is quite a thread revival, but ive been making wine for about 7 years now. i usually make 6-10 gals a year. i've made muscidine (usually mixed with apple juice) made a little blackberry once, pear, persimon/fig, sweet potato, and i just started a batch of pumpkin since i had a good supply left from halloween. I dont use a hydrometer or anything, i start off pretty conservative with the sugar and taste every time i rack it, if i want it sweeter i add sugar.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
how does one make wine?
Old 11-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellis View Post
how does one make wine?
all grains and fruits and veggies have starches or sugars. one needs to breakdown (either mechanically or with enzymes or both) said sugar source, then add yeast. the yeast will eat the sugar and a bi-product of yeast digestion is CO2 and alcohol. u need a water trap so the CO2 can be released and bacteria and stuff cant get into the mash. there is a little bit of work and attention required at the start and the finish and alot of patients (or in my case laziness) needed during the middle.