Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

Pliny The Elder?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Pliny The Elder?

Anyone ever try Pliny the Elder? I just picked up two bottles after hearing it's one of the best IPA's around. Opinions on it or equally good IPA's?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
nfs257sgirl is on a distinguished road

Navy: STG2
Name: Samantha
nfs257sgirl's Tacoma Gallery
yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Anyone ever try Pliny the Elder? I just picked up two bottles after hearing it's one of the best IPA's around. Opinions on it or equally good IPA's?
pliny the elder is AMAZING! russian river is one of my favorite breweries. Blind Pig is another one of their beers and it is also great. And they make a few sours that rock! I drove from San Diego to San Fran just to go to their brew pub and also to laguintas. If you havnt tried them, you should. Their IPA is amazing. And they have a beer called brown shugga that is to die for!!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I know all about Lagunitas. Their whole line up is amazing. I really like there Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute) right now. The guy at the liquor store was talking about Sculpin India Pale Ale being just on par with Pliny. I should have picked up a bottle, but stupidly passed on it. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/199/29619
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
nfs257sgirl is on a distinguished road

Navy: STG2
Name: Samantha
nfs257sgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Oh I know all about Lagunitas. Their whole line up is amazing. I really like there Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute) right now. The guy at the liquor store was talking about Sculpin India Pale Ale being just on par with Pliny. I should have picked up a bottle, but stupidly passed on it. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/199/29619
sculpin is good. im not a huge ballest point fan. I really like green flash and stone, of course lol. Dogfishhead is amazing too. I home brew also, im a hop head! anything with cascade or simcoe im down for!

not sure what your stores carry, but rough draft is another great small brewery here in SD, and they are amazing too. Mission IPA is great with sushi. Stone 16th anniversary ale is awesome. Its 10% but you cant even tell!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
pequeno keeblero
El Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
El Taco Sucio's Tacoma Gallery
Keep an eye out for El Segundo Brewery. They have a wit IPA called White Dog that's awesome. Every beer they brew is good.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
I like Sculpin but think its overpriced in stores. I like the IPAs ballast brews in house as well. Lagunitas is my go to, really like the little sumpthin
Old 08-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #7
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Pliny is good and I usually buy bottles on Friday's locally. I prefer Lagunitas to anything RRB produces.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
Purpleman is on a distinguished road
Purpleman's Tacoma Gallery
Pliny is good, unless you get it from one of the shops that hides it in back and its over a month old.

Swami's from Pizza Port Brewing is a great ipa and much easier to get a hold of.