Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

what is everyone brewing?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
cvisinho is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cvisinho's Tacoma Gallery
what is everyone brewing?

I just put an ipa into the secondary yesterday and have a hefeweizen on deck for april/may.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Just moved a Dechutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale clone to the secondary.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
dustinJ is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
dustinJ's Tacoma Gallery
Just getting my biab setup going. Gonna try a 5 gal batch of nut brown ale next week.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering is it hard to brew your own beer
Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
dustinJ is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
dustinJ's Tacoma Gallery
It's not hard. Just takes a bit of equipment. Look at www.craftabrew.com. They have 1 gallon starter kits for about $50. Comes with a ingredient kit and everything to make a batch. From there it's convenience and bigger batches. You can do it pretty minimally or you can buildup a baddass brewery.

I moved from the one gallon kit up to what's called brew in a bag. It's an easy way to move to all grain.

If youre really interested check out Www.homebrewtalk.com and biabrewer.com. Lots of good info.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
ive had good luck with kits from www.northernbrewer.com as well

A guy just opened up locally so I might give him a try once im done with these 2 beers.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys but honestly I would rather brew some shine
Old 04-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
I have a arrogant bastard clone I'm hoping I can brew next weekend!

I'm pretty excited about it.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Boiled a maibock yesterday. Going to take 10 days in the primary at 55 degrees, 3 weeks in the secondary at 45 degrees, and then 6 weeks after bottling
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #12
Where did you get the arrogant bastard clone?

I need to get started on my bavarian white soon.
Were gonna run that through the randal for fruit experimentation this summer!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvisinho View Post
Where did you get the arrogant bastard clone?

I need to get started on my bavarian white soon.
Were gonna run that through the randal for fruit experimentation this summer!
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produc...oducts_id=1096
Old 04-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
just did a california beach ale on sunday.

WLP001 california ale yeast
i think some 60L crystal
centenial hops
and some lime peels at the end and in the primary

steaming this thing for a week at 71* and bottle. Want this one ASAP, nothing fancy.

have a oatmeal milk stout thats a week in bottles. that did 3weeks in the primary and will need over a month in the bottles.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #15
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
Last few batches I made were mead, but it's been 2-3 years since I made anything.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #16
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Getting ready for a Bourbon Espresso R.I.S. brew this weekend.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
You actually put bourbon in there?
Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #18
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, just a touch. Most of the bourbon flavor comes from aging it it a used bourbon cask. Imparts a good bit of flavor.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I just brewed my very first beer...a honey porter.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I brew Mead and am branching into some whisky