Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #2061
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
It's so badass. We have Tap N Growler here too with 71 taps of different beer. And the Growler fill station....it's like a gas station but you are fillin your growler with 40 plus taps of whatever.
so jelly
Old 06-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #2062
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
That ain't all......This week all thru Eugene/Springfield it's brew week.

All breweries, bars, pubs etc. have insane shit going on. Growler fill stations are having crazy sales, new IPA's, it's crazy.

Sasquatch Brew Fest is going on http://www.northwestlegendsfoundation.org/

I have my 3 growlers in the truck ready to go......just overwhelmed to shit on where to go 1st

DRINK FILL REPEAT

Old 06-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #2063
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-04-2014, 06:47 AM   #2064
cuz my life is dope and I do dope shit
TurdTaco13 is on a distinguished road

TurdTaco13's Tacoma Gallery
Knocked back a couple of these last night. Love me some O'Dell!

Old 06-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #2065
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
So...I can eat any kind of hot shit. Ghost peppers, habaneros, etc.

Anyone ever try any of these?

I want to try to find the sculpin here in town.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #2066
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdTaco13 View Post
Knocked back a couple of these last night. Love me some O'Dell!

I live for that beer
Old 06-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #2067
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I live for that beer
I can't wait to try that stuff!!

I need a beer list from you for things to try in CO. Because honestly the majority of my knowledge about beers your way is this:

1. Everything Oskar blues kills it (and really I just mean ten fidy)
2. Everything Avery sucks.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #2068
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post

I need a beer list from you for things to try in CO. Because honestly the majority of my knowledge about beers your way is this:

Bwhahaha!!!

I've been drinking a lot of the old chub nitro cans!!

You will for sure be up to try the OB so I would hit up Odell too.

The myrcenary is my fav from there.

Also the Lugene, cut throat porter both of these on nitro are amazing. The mountain standard is good too. And if you're already in Ft Collins you should just head over to new Belgium.

If you're going to be in Denver river north is a great brewery, Denver beer company, Prost, great divide. The rumble, and Titan, the claymore Scottish ale are good.
The boulder area I like upslope the lager is awesome.
Hopefully Sam chimes in.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #2069
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Ready for the weekend
Old 06-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #2070

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN View Post
Ready for the weekend

I just restocked too, good beers you got there. I bought what's in my pic, Plus a 24 pack of PBR tall boys, and a case of myrcenary. Been going to bentlys lq store to earn my points. I saved $20 off my purchase today.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #2071
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have found most pepper beers like that make better chili than anything.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #2072
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just restocked too, good beers you got there. I bought what's in my pic, Plus a 24 pack of PBR tall boys, and a case of myrcenary. Been going to bentlys lq store to earn my points. I saved $20 off my purchase today.

Very nice selection

Weekend came early by the way...
Old 06-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #2073
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All this Sculpin talk got me curious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdTaco13 View Post
Ditto. Never even heard of it. Of course NM has some pretty kick ass local IPAs and we get all the good shit from Colorado too so that keeps me plenty busy.

I've been drinking a lot of Stone's new session IPA lately, Go To IPA. Really good and lighter on the alcohol so you can knock back a handful of 'em without getting smashed. Perfect for these 100 degree days we've got going on down here.
Quote:

You guys need to come to San Diego on a vacation and hit up all the local breweries. So many great brewers here and all within 15-20 mins of each other. Stone, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Lost Abbey, Alesmith, Karl Strauss, Coronado Brewing, St Archer, Societe Brewing, Mission Brewery, Hess Brewing, and the list goes on! So many awesome craft bars that always have speciality /casked/firkin stuff on tap that other markets can't get.

As for the habanero sculpin....it's hot...not what I look for in a great IPA but def get a taster if you can (after you are done with all the other beers as it will ruin your pallet lol)
Old 06-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #2075

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN View Post
Very nice selection

Weekend came early by the way...
Hey me too I'm off all week.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #2076
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Your knowledge is zero.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #2077
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I was told to get the brewery map when I was there, I just wish the companion I had was a real beer drinker. (Devin knows what I speak off) lol
All the Oskar blues has been really good to me lately
Avery has been a real disappointment I have probably had 4 different ones recently and I will not buy them again, probably won't buy any Avery beers from now on.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #2078
Mr Lazy
mr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
mr optimist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You and OB. Had Ten Fidy on Nitro tap the other day. Left Hand Milk Stout on Nitro still blows it out of the park. The list of beers to try in Colorado would take about a month to drink. Over 160 breweries. I like White Rascal, I have a bottle of collaboration in the fridge
Cant wait to try that.

Quote:
Bwhahaha!!!

I've been drinking a lot of the old chub nitro cans!!

You will for sure be up to try the OB so I would hit up Odell too.

The myrcenary is my fav from there.

Also the Lugene, cut throat porter both of these on nitro are amazing. The mountain standard is good too. And if you're already in Ft Collins you should just head over to new Belgium.

If you're going to be in Denver river north is a great brewery, Denver beer company, Prost, great divide. The rumble, and Titan, the claymore Scottish ale are good.
The boulder area I like upslope the lager is awesome.
Hopefully Sam chimes in.
The upslope large is really good. For the last month I have been drinking mostly foreign lager beers. I liked 1664 Blanc plus a few others. I like to try as many beers as possible to see what fits my taste.

I got that beer map and guide on Monday. Only worth buying if you are in the Denver Metro area.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #2079
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I did a Ballast Point tasting dinner about 6 months ago. Five course meal with pairings, it was so awesome. More food and beer that you could consume, trust me, I tried. I got to try a little of this. I'm a big fan of chili beers, my favorite comes from a local brewery called Chilibeso. Not too hot and super drinkable
Old 06-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #2080
"old Brett"

BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Whiskey Dick Stout
Big Beaver Brewing Company, Loveland Colorado.