Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Old 06-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #2141
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdTaco13 View Post
+1

They're one of my favs in Colorado for sure. All their limited release Mountain Standard stuff is pretty epic, and Mercenary is one of my all time fav double IPAs.

However, I'm blessed to live in Albuquerque and we have some of the most amazing breweries nobody has ever heard of. Marble, La Cumbre, Nexus, Chama River, Il Vicino, Stumbling Steer and Turtle Mountain just to name a few.
Myrcenary is my favorite beer of all time!! I'd love to make a trip out to NM se day and do a brewery/camping tour.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #2142
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1

They're one of my favs in Colorado for sure. All their limited release Mountain Standard stuff is pretty epic, and Mercenary is one of my all time fav double IPAs.

However, I'm blessed to live in Albuquerque and we have some of the most amazing breweries nobody has ever heard of. Marble, La Cumbre, Nexus, Chama River, Il Vicino, Stumbling Steer and Turtle Mountain just to name a few.
I love la cumbre!! The elevated IPA is amazing
Old 06-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #2143
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Myrcenary is my favorite beer of all time!! I'd love to make a trip out to NM se day and do a brewery/camping tour.
If you do this il meet you there
Old 06-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #2144

Two hearted ale
Old 06-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #2145
pequeno keeblero
El Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
El Taco Sucio's Tacoma Gallery
Just kegged 5 gallons of a hoppier version of the Centennial Blonde. Dry hopped for 5 days with 1oz of Centennial and 1 oz of Cascade. Force carbing and impatiently waiting for the next few days..
Old 06-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #2146
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Dev recommended 'Sweaty Betty Blonde'...thoughts to follow shortly.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #2147
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post

Pretty alright.
I found this at the grocery in Davidson today. $21/4-pack is a bit too much for my budget. I stopped by Total Wine & Beer on my way home to see if they had a single, but they didn't carry it at all.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #2148
Vaginas are rad.
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
I found this at the grocery in Davidson today. $21/4-pack is a bit too much for my budget. I stopped by Total Wine & Beer on my way home to see if they had a single, but they didn't carry it at all.
It is a pretty solid beer. I stocked up on a few 4 packs to see how they age, going to be interesting I think. Peabody's may have some available in singles, don't know for sure though.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #2149
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1402794857.654062.jpg
Old 06-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
It is a pretty solid beer. I stocked up on a few 4 packs to see how they age, going to be interesting I think. Peabody's may have some available in singles, don't know for sure though.
Had it on tap today I thought it was pretty tasty
Old 06-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #2151
Loves Taco flavored kisses
TurdTaco13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
TurdTaco13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
It's definitely turning into a tiny beer Mecca. Tons of good breweries to keep ya busy and it seems like more are popping up every week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
I love la cumbre!! The elevated IPA is amazing
Yeah Elevated is bonkers good. Had 2 pints with lunch today as a matter of fact. They do a limited release IPA every couple of weeks called Project Dank that is just insane. Every batch is different but every batch is insanely tasty!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #2153
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's definitely turning into a tiny beer Mecca. Tons of good breweries to keep ya busy and it seems like more are popping up every week!

Yeah Elevated is bonkers good. Had 2 pints with lunch today as a matter of fact. They do a limited release IPA every couple of weeks called Project Dank that is just insane. Every batch is different but every batch is insanely tasty!
Yeah we have between 161-180 breweries in the state and they just keep popping up.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #2154
Vaginas are rad.
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Had it on tap today I thought it was pretty tasty
Methinks it would fare well on tap, I just went dirty straight from the bottle.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #2155

Quote:

I tried to get some of the dank but no stores had any left
Old 06-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #2156
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
I tried ommegang abbey ale last night. I liked it a lot
Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #2157
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
I tried ommegang abbey ale last night. I liked it a lot
I really need to try that. My daughter's boyfriend is a sales rep for Duvel/Ommegang in NY. Still waiting for him to hook me up.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #2158
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
I really need to try that. My daughter's boyfriend is a sales rep for Duvel/Ommegang in NY. Still waiting for him to hook me up.
lucky, a lot of their beers sound really good. I wish we had a selection around here haha
Old 06-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #2159
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #2160
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmm... Velvet Hammer! 9% and smooth will sneak up on you.