The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Old 07-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #2301
GIJohnnyB is on a distinguished road

Army: 4th Infantry Division
Name: Johnny
GIJohnnyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis24 View Post
No doubt, my last one tasted pretty bad. This is a American Pale Ale. It's a brewers Best kit.
Awesome. The witbier I mentioned earlier int he thread was my first attempt at all grain brewing, was doing extract kits previously. I took a taste when I was bottling and without carbonation I always have a hard time telling if it will be good or not but this one tasted pretty good even without CO2...so my fingers are crossed that it turns out decent.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #2302
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJohnnyB View Post
Awesome. The witbier I mentioned earlier int he thread was my first attempt at all grain brewing, was doing extract kits previously. I took a taste when I was bottling and without carbonation I always have a hard time telling if it will be good or not but this one tasted pretty good even without CO2...so my fingers are crossed that it turns out decent.

I'm looking forward to all grain brewing. The kits are still fun, but all grain will be more fun I hope.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #2303

They are more fun...you have more control over everything and you really get more involved with the final product than when your using LME.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #2304
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJohnnyB View Post
They are more fun...you have more control over everything and you really get more involved with the final product than when your using LME.

Makes sense. For me I have 22 years cooking experience so I might as well put all that to work.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #2305

Yeah, especially when the final product will not only taste good and bring people together but it will also give you a buzz!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #2306
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Ommegang 3 philosophers
Old 07-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #2307
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Ommegang 3 philosophers
I have a bottle of 2012 and a bottle of 2013 at the house.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #2308
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Whos jelly? First this, then ghandi bot on tap tomorrow, and hopefully picking up some cans next week. If anyone is interested in ghandi, i would possibly do a trade for some pliny.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #2309
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #2310
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
This looks tasty.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #2311
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN View Post
This looks tasty.
It's odd. Hints of tobacco. A lot going on with the flavors but it is done well. Will need to try some more from them.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #2312
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Have you tried the coffee noir? It was Amazing
Old 07-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #2313

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Have you tried the coffee noir? It was Amazing
This is my first Prairie beer.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #2314

Quote:
This is my first Prairie beer.

I'm weary with them just like I am with adelberts, they are very expensive for something I may not like lol
Old 07-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #2315
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
For beer thread
Old 07-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #2316
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Whos jelly? First this, then ghandi bot on tap tomorrow, and hopefully picking up some cans next week. If anyone is interested in ghandi, i would possibly do a trade for some pliny.
I'll keep my reserve of Pliny, thank you very much
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post

Drinking old chub!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #2318

Heaven in a glass
Old 07-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #2319
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1405226149.390620.jpg
Old 07-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #2320

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post

Great beer!

Ska Modus hoperandi