LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #601
but i poop from there!?!?!?
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed

quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Sometimes i try and convince myself that hes at least drinking... Then i see chicks slamming Arrogant Bastards and i just SMH.
if he's going to do that, he should at least switch to Lynchburg Lemonades and be somewhat respectable
Old 10-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #602
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
if he's going to do that, he should at least switch to Lynchburg Lemonades and be somewhat respectable
I told him to drink jack and cokes and look like hes got a little dignity. But he says he gets hangovers from any hard liquor... Ummm yah so does 3/4 of any drinker lol thats the game!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #603
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I've been less than pleased with my first experience with Midwest Supplies. It's been 4 full business days, 6 calendar days and they still haven't shipped my order. A call to them today got no apology - just a "I'll print your pull list again and we'll try to get it out tomorrow."

I'll be sure to remember they take a week to ship the next time I need brewing supplies. Add another 3 or 4 days for UPS and I guess I'm not putting up cider again this weekend. Lame.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #604
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I've been less than pleased with my first experience with Midwest Supplies. It's been 4 full business days, 6 calendar days and they still haven't shipped my order. A call to them today got no apology - just a "I'll print your pull list again and we'll try to get it out tomorrow."

I'll be sure to remember they take a week to ship the next time I need brewing supplies. Add another 3 or 4 days for UPS and I guess I'm not putting up cider again this weekend. Lame.
Try Austin Homebrew next time. I have always had timely ships and very fresh supplies with them. Plus you get much better control of the kit ingredients with them.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #605
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post

Thanks for sharing the feedback on them. FWIW Northern Brewer was suggested in this thread. A guy at work brews a lot (full deal now, with kegs and everything) and said that's where he buys his stuff. I'm planning to order an ingredient kit from them.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #607
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Starting the weekend off right. Happy friday all
Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #608
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just emptied my growler of STone 09.09.09.... this sucks.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #609
Beer

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
You aged it for four years? In a growler?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #610
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Bad idea, and predictable results.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
You aged it for four years? In a growler?
No, I purchased it a couple of weeks ago when I was in California and drove it home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Bad idea, and predictable results.
No shit, right?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #612
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Stopped off for two cases of Guinness on the way home. Plus my cider brewing stuff got here this evening. Lots to do this weekend!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #613

So I dumped 1/2 the 5-gal yeast vial into one gallon accidentally. Split the other 1/2 between 2 more gallons. The first gallon is cranking away now (12 hrs later) about a burp a second, and the other two are just starting to bubble once a minute. They'll catch up I'm sure. This is going to be a fun hobby, I can already tell. Probably should have just jumped in with a 5 gallon batch, lol.

I figure this batch will get me eleven or twelve 22oz bottles of cider. It's a good start.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #614
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Delicious
Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #615
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
If you get GOOD at it and get a little bit CRAZY... Home brewing can lead to anything...

http://7thsettlement.com/

These guys are going to OWN the town....
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #616
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
If you get GOOD at it and get a little bit CRAZY... Home brewing can lead to anything...

http://7thsettlement.com/

These guys are going to OWN the town....
The beer on there web site looks delicious
Old 10-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #617
Beer

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Happy tuesday:
Old 10-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #618

Nom nom nom nom
Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #619

More nom nom nom nom
Old 10-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #620
Beer

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Why do your pictures keep coming out sideways?? Reminds me of this:

But more importantly: how do you like 'em? Haven't had either... The black ipa sounds cool...