LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Old 02-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #1081
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Finally went to the new Trader Joe's
Old 02-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #1082
DoyleMcpoyle is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
DoyleMcpoyle's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #1083
TwistedTLM4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
TwistedTLM4's Tacoma Gallery
Going Rogue!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #1084
KnoxTac0713 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
KnoxTac0713's Tacoma Gallery
Home brew question.
A friend started brewing and brought me a brown ale. Smelled good and initially tasted good. The finish was something like burned rubber though. Has anyone experienced this? Maybe it needs to even out and settle longer or something was done wrong? Any help tips are appreciated as I will pass them along.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #1085
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTac0713 View Post
Home brew question.
A friend started brewing and brought me a brown ale. Smelled good and initially tasted good. The finish was something like burned rubber though. Has anyone experienced this? Maybe it needs to even out and settle longer or something was done wrong? Any help tips are appreciated as I will pass them along.
No clue on this one but I am sure there are enough brewers around to have an educated guess.

in other news my work day ended shity so I am drinking a stone vanilla smoked porter. Very good beer.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #1086
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Spent this morning drinking 50oz of pliny the younger oh so good and pretty drunk I might add.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #1087
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Stuck with the reliable brews this weekend: Dogfish head 90 minute IPA and Stone Ruination.

Went on a limb and bought Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale. It was okay .. pretty pronounced pumpkin taste that reminded me of pumpkin bread. That was probably a one-time purchase.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #1088
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTac0713 View Post
Home brew question.
Sounds like it was fermented too high allowing for off flavors to develop during fermentation.

In drinking news I picked up a four pack of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barley wine. I will have to keep an eye out for more barley wines showing up locally.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #1089
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Just had Rogue's double chocolate stout

Tomorrow I'll be having Southern Tier Choklat which is ranked 95 on beeradvocate which is higher than my all time favorite beer Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Old 02-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #1090
Paved roads: a waste of taxpayer money
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Finally went to the new Trader Joe's
..TJ sells beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Just had Rogue's double chocolate stout

Tomorrow I'll be having Southern Tier Choklat which is ranked 95 on beeradvocate which is higher than my all time favorite beer Young's Double Chocolate Stout
last I saw allagash white was close to 100, amazing beer, the other one i mentioned a few pages back rivertown grateful white gave it a run for its money IMO. Also had port city wit when I was in VA last weekend. Also had FOunders breakfast stout, good beer and nice and boozy
Old 02-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #1091
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Keeping it classy
Old 02-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #1092
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Slummin' it. Lagunitas Sucks, Brown Shugga substitute.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #1093
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
..TJ sells beer?
Yup, not a massive collection but some stuff I've never seen before
Old 02-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #1094
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Yup, not a massive collection but some stuff I've never seen before
Try their Simpler Times Lager. It's pretty good.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #1095

Old 02-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #1096

Shiner Bock
Old 02-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #1097
Where we're going, we don't need roads
greeneggsnspam is on a distinguished road

greeneggsnspam's Tacoma Gallery
hnnng!

Old 02-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #1098
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
You bastard iv only had up to number 5
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #1099
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Working on some Little Sumptin Sumptin tonight.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #1100
Where we're going, we don't need roads
greeneggsnspam is on a distinguished road

greeneggsnspam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
You bastard iv only had up to number 5
1 and 3 were amazing. Especially a vertical of the both.

I actually picked up one of those bourbon barrels they used for BB1. It makes an excellent table for parties on the patio. I could not get anywhere near the amount of homebrew it would take to fill it and keep it at a stable temperature to age it in there ...yet.