Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
The Beer Nerd - what are you drinking / brewing thread

Hi all,

Where are the beer nerds? What are you drinking? Anything especially good lately? Any home brewers? Whatcha got going?

Some of the other forums I visit have similar threads and it's quite fun

Tonight I'm not drinking anything special... just been the deschutes IPA and some racer 5.

Have a couple pliny the elder's the fridge left over from a trip to russian river a couple weeks ago
Old 07-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
What what!

All i have in the fridge right now is Miller Lite, Amstel Light, Abita Amber, Corona, and Blue Moon. Just started a Nut brown Ale homebrew kit
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Had a couple bottles of Two Captains by Nogne O the other day... something like 12 bottles were in the US and my uncle got 9 for the wedding I was at. It was pretty darn good.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you get all these unique brews, I've had some different stuff but nothing too outlandish
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
What what!

All i have in the fridge right now is Miller Lite, Amstel Light, Abita Amber, Corona, and Blue Moon. Just started a Nut brown Ale homebrew kit
Nice! First time brewing?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #6

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Nice! First time brewing?
Yeah, I actually won it at an auction for the youth at my church. It's my first time and the guy that had it out for auction is walking me through it
Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where do you get all these unique brews, I've had some different stuff but nothing too outlandish
Whole foods and Bevmo have the best beer selection around here. The benefit of living near a college town is most of the markets around have decent stock.

I miss living in the bay area... even more options!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I actually won it at an auction for the youth at my church. It's my first time and the guy that had it out for auction is walking me through it
Sweet good luck!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
On a somewhat related note: anyone ever grow hops? We've got four types going in the garden, but only two of the plants have started to do anything, and we're talking like 2" above the ground. We got them planted like two months ago now. Defective?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #10

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whole foods and Bevmo have the best beer selection around here. The benefit of living near a college town is most of the markets around have decent stock.

I miss living in the bay area... even more options!
I live in Baton Rouge but I'm back home for the summer. I really need to find some good craft brews

Quote:
Sweet good luck!
Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
from sunday. Yuengling at twin peaks. how you know your beer is cold.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I live in Baton Rouge but I'm back home for the summer. I really need to find some good craft brews

Thanks!
I'm not sure how your home town is - but I become friends with the owner of the local corner store by my old apartment. I'd have him get me a couple bottles of fun stuff when it showed up on the distribution list. Worth a shot!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Had myself a ballast point big eye ipa, and a stone double bastard when I was working on my truck earlier.

INB4 the beer snobs and Beer hipsters
Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #15

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
from sunday. Yuengling at twin peaks. how you know your beer is cold.
Love Twin Peaks beer! 29 degrees all day long!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Love Twin Peaks beer! 29 degrees all day long!
or some times 28. lol.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #17

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure how your home town is - but I become friends with the owner of the local corner store by my old apartment. I'd have him get me a couple bottles of fun stuff when it showed up on the distribution list. Worth a shot!
I know raj pretty well, might be able to get him to do that when I get back to BR
Old 07-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #18

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
or some times 28. lol.
I'm not usually paying attention to the beer temperature.....
Old 07-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #19
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
Had myself a ballast point big eye ipa
Nice! Sculpin is one of my favorite IPA's... Get a chance to go to the brewery a couple months ago. I swear to god the bartender was rashida jones. She didn't appreciate us calling her that
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #20
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice! Sculpin is one of my favorite IPA's... Get a chance to go to the brewery a couple months ago. I swear to god the bartender was rashida jones. She didn't appreciate us calling her that
rofl I know the exact bartender your talking about lol!!!!!!! their tasting room is awesome. a couple days ago me and my buddy went up to ballast point, green flash and karl strauss to fill up the growlers for the weekend