LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

Mmmmm... BEER!

Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmmm... BEER!

Hello Ladies and Gents.

While not quite an alcoholic (those quitters go to meetings... I kid, I kid), I do love me some beer. I am not a beer 'snob', per se, but I have traveled the world (US NAVY) and tried a lot of beer.

When I returned from Iraq in 2006, we stopped in Germany. OMG... /hooked

Favorites:

Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn
Weihenstephaner Oktoberfestbier
Hofbrau Oktoberfest Marzen
Spaten Original Munich Lager
Spaten Oktoberfest Marzen
Spaten Dunkel
Paulaner Original Munich Lager
Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen

I'm still sampling the wares available at BevMo (beverages and more) in the German beer section. Today I bought the Spaten Dunkel, Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock, and Weihenstephaner Lager (new to me). Also grabbed a 22oz bottle of Stone Imperial Russian Stout. I grab a few of these every year, as it is a seasonal brew that comes out around this time of year.

All that said... What do you like? What's in your fridge now? What is your go to beer?

Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
jeffy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jeffy's Tacoma Gallery
Got off work and saw Wild Blue. Never had it before, so I decided to buy it. Don't have any dedicated alcohol shops..just grocery stores and rite-aids where I live. It is good though
Old 04-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
German bar by my house " irinas bar and grill " Carrys a few of those . Decent beers
Decent? Are you a beer drinker?

If these are just decent, share some great ones, in your opinion. I'm open minded and willing to try new beers in search of the holy grail.

So far my holy grail is the Paulaner Wiesn and the Weihenstephaner Oktoberfestbier... truth be told, I think I like the Weihenstephaner just a bit more.

And as my luck would have it... they're both seasonal.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
I like OPB, Thats the best. Others Peoples Beer. If I don't have to pay for it, it tastes just fine whaterver it is.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Pliny the elder, all day, every day. Also:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hom...ng-thread.html
Old 04-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #9
CorpsmanUp is on a distinguished road

Navy: USN Corpsman(DOC)
Name: Gibby
CorpsmanUp's Tacoma Gallery
Well i'm definetely gonna sound like the alcholic( i prefer the name drunk haha jk jk) but i've got 6 Sam Adam boston lagers, 4 angry orchards, 8 mikes hard (these are the wifes she'll only drink mikes, smirinoff, and angry orchard) and 12 coors light but wait that's just the fridge... On the counter are my favorite whiskeys, 101 wild turkey, gent jack, jack sour mash, and there's some captain, gold schalager, jager, and peppermint schnapps(last 3 used to make liquid cocain shots).
But coors light and sam adams definetely my favorite beers but i just find one i like and stick with it. but i could drink jack or turkey all day.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #10
Mmmmm... Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Pliny the elder, all day, every day. Also:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hom...ng-thread.html
Hey, thanks... I did a search for "beer" before posting this, but completely missed the homebrewing section.

If a mod could move this to that section, please...

Anyway, I have yet to try Pliny, but I am an advocate of the German beer purity law Reinheitsgebot. Barley, hops, yeast, water. Keep it simple.

While I do like some craft brews such as Stone, I mostly shy away from them. I don't like hoppy, bitter beers at all and I think adding shit like chocolate and coffee, or vanilla, or whatever is just wrong.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #11
Mmmmm... Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I prefer Heineken over the spaten lager

Paulaner original is good. poured into a paulaner glass is fun too

Didn't care for the octoberfest think it was paulaner not sure though could have been the W one . I drink local. Stone, ballast point, iron fist etc
I drink Heineken and I like it some, but I way prefer Spaten. I think you had the Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen, which is very good to me, but is nowhere near as good as the Wiesn.

Marzens are made for us and are NOT served at Oktoberfest in Germany. The Wiesn is and it's fantastic. The Weihenstephaner Oktoberfestbier is not served at Oktoberfest because the brewery is outside of Bavaria. I dare say it is equal to or even better than the Wiesn.

But just like many other things, taste is subjective and ya like what ya like.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #12
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Since you like Weihenstephaner I thought I'd post some pictures when I visited the brewery. It is in Bavaria but you have to brew in Munich to participate at the Munich Oktoberfest, it's in Freising.

From the parking lot.

Me about to enter the pub to have some weisswurst with hefeweizen and Vitus weizenbock.

Brewhouse

Outdoor fermenters

The indoor portion of those outdoor tanks.

Piping fences for the tanks.