Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Homebrewing

Notices

No more beer for me...Need some good.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
No more beer for me...Need some good.

Well im on a weight loss kick now. I currently weigh 214lbs. Now I need to loose 30lbs before I get into the Police academy. SO I cut out all the jack in the box and beer.

Well I still like to get my drink on, On the weekends. So Im asking ya'll for some drink recipies ya'll like that aren't packed full of carbs, Caloies ect.

My favorite liquor is Wild trukey or any whiskey/burbon

I hate vodka

I do like Tequila in small doses.

Im not looking to get F*cked up, Just a good buzz and chill on the weekends.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Miller lite-- great taste, less filling!!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
Miller lite-- great taste, less filling!!
That's my beer of choice...BUt I have to loose this weight and keep it off for atlest a year.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
red stag and Dr. pepper ain't bad, or just do a shot or two every hour or so. Are you doing any crossfit or running program? If not I seroiusly recommend Hal Higdon's stuff (google him) and getting into crossfit. It'll have you down to fighting weight in no time. Best of luck.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah crossfit is pretty ba-- I've yet to get bored with it!!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
red stag and Dr. pepper ain't bad, or just do a shot or two every hour or so. Are you doing any crossfit or running program? If not I seroiusly recommend Hal Higdon's stuff (google him) and getting into crossfit. It'll have you down to fighting weight in no time. Best of luck.
I haven't been doing any running yet...Im outa breath just walking up stairs at work. But I just started my weight loss kick last night, Started with a chicken salad, Tonight is a catfish sandwich...Nasty.

But im gonna miss my Miller light.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
THIS

PLUS THIS

PLUS THIS

Old 03-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothFox View Post
THIS

http://liquorama.biz/images/Hornitos.gif

PLUS THIS

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Staples/s0273050_sc7?$sku$

PLUS THIS

http://www.citysackers.com/images/lime%201ct.jpg
Just straight? Damn that's gotta be strong.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #9

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it sucks-- but some quick advice for you, don't try to go hardcore healthy all at once if you know what I mean-- you can burn yourself out pretty quick going cold turkey on certain foods and trying to workout all the time-- I've had more success just trying to ease myself into a healthy lifestyle.

Hope this helps!!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #10

Ya that makes sense...I was wanting a fast food burger today, My GF said ummm No, Eat this trail mix...Grrrrrrrrrrrrr sucks.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothFox View Post
THIS

PLUS THIS

PLUS THIS

Step 1 Get giant cup full of ice
Step 2 Cut lime in slices
Step 3 Pour 1 shot of takillya (for light weights) I use 1 1/2 over ice
Step 4 Squeeze two slices of lime over ice and takillya toss rinds in glass
Step 5 Pour one 12 ounce can of Sprite Zero in.
Step 6 Get drunk
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Be a man, drink Whiskey........

or if you want mixed, Whiskey Sours, or Crown and Cok... errrr... diet coke
Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #13
Taco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to all
Taco John's Tacoma Gallery
Of course, some beers pack a huge carb load in addition to the alcohol, but I hate to tell you this, but alcohol has calories. Miller lite, shot of bourbon, glass of wine, nothing is free!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #14
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure about calories, but I know as a diabetic, the darker liquors have more carbs. Light beer and clear mixed drinks are prob the best.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Of course, some beers pack a huge carb load in addition to the alcohol, but I hate to tell you this, but alcohol has calories. Miller lite, shot of bourbon, glass of wine, nothing is free!
Well ya, I know liquor has calories...But when I drink beer, I can polish a 12pack in one night. That's alot of caloires + the pizza delivery. LOL

With a liquor I'll not drink as much.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #16
Ipunchwalls will become famous soon enoughIpunchwalls will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
Ipunchwalls's Tacoma Gallery
I read some where awhile back that gin has they few calories per shot. I love me some gin and tonic.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Can't you give up something else less essential, like food?...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Can't you give up something else less essential, like food?...

HAHA no. I get the munchies when I drink beer.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Johnny Walker black straight on ice. nothing else. it doesn't waste your time or fill you up with unneccesary bullshit.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #20
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Well being that im from kentucky i can tell you that wiskey is packed with a ton of sugar! it's totally full of calories!