Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

How To: Separate & Reattach the two piece 2nd Gen Grille

Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #41
Rez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I will try with a different computer
Old 08-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #42
halfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
halfway72's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is a mesh thread but I want to throw in my 2 cents... I did a billet grille and wish I saw this thread earlier because I've been fighting with getting the two together for a few hrs now at first I thought it would be a good idea to use rod cement for fixing fishing poles ... Yeap that dumb.. So that didn't work and I used a plastic epoxy which is working pretty good now.

For those that don't know rod cement is heated up like hot glue then hardens. Turns out if you use that then go play 9 holes at your favorite golf course in 70-80 degree weather with the front end of the truck facing the sun, the "heated up" action happens again and your painted surround comes off.

But now it's all got the plastic epoxy. Fingers crossed it'll work now. But to make a fat story thin... Ask the master before you end in disaster.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #43
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfway72 View Post
I know this is a mesh thread but I want to throw in my 2 cents... I did a billet grille and wish I saw this thread earlier because I've been fighting with getting the two together for a few hrs now at first I thought it would be a good idea to use rod cement for fixing fishing poles ... Yeap that dumb.. So that didn't work and I used a plastic epoxy which is working pretty good now.

For those that don't know rod cement is heated up like hot glue then hardens. Turns out if you use that then go play 9 holes at your favorite golf course in 70-80 degree weather with the front end of the truck facing the sun, the "heated up" action happens again and your painted surround comes off.

But now it's all got the plastic epoxy. Fingers crossed it'll work now. But to make a fat story thin... Ask the master before you end in disaster.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #44
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance of reposting the videos? It appears that they are no longer there...
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #46
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
thank you
Old 12-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #48
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I never have been able to see a video in this thread
Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #54
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
are you willing to sell the Mx mesh already pre-bent to look like the Raptor style?

I know, First Post! but i'm very serious about wanting to buy this. Love your work man!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #55
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Taco View Post
are you willing to sell the Mx mesh already pre-bent to look like the Raptor style?

I know, First Post! but i'm very serious about wanting to buy this. Love your work man!
Sorry but no I do not.
I did a whole batch of 6 back in August. It was a huge PITA and I decided it was too much extra effort to continue.
Thank you for the kind words though!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #56
unpack is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
unpack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
you can't if you've broken them.
So if they are broken I cant do anything about it? I've try plastic soldering and i cant reattach them. I am effed? I need a new one with the tabs?

I know you are coming to Vegas soon if you can bring me a raptor mesh and i'll pay for it here or pay in advance and help me fix my grille Just kinda kidding. Good work by the way.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #57
justindavis is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
justindavis's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #58
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to take this piece off the bumper without cutting or melting it off to make an open space for a l.e.d. bar?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #60
TX TOY is on a distinguished road

Name: Bud
TX TOY's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd