Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

How To: Separate & Reattach the two piece 2nd Gen Grille

Old 05-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How To: Separate & Reattach the two piece 2nd Gen Grille

So a bunch of you have asked me:
"HomerTaco, how do I take the grille apart???"
My response:
"Watch this Video!"

I filmed this with my Blackberry so the resolution is not that great, but I think y'all get the point...
Just grind down all the melt points & the inner insert will separate from the outer grille.
I needed two hands to separate it...
(Thanks to Oswego for his old grille!)
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Not that i'll ever do Satoshi mod but great video for the ones who wants to do it
Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
nice write up buddy!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the Vid!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Why cant I open up the video?
x2 No worky
Old 05-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEmanWOLFpack View Post
Awsome! Now how do you reattatch it?
sooper dooper glu!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #12
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEmanWOLFpack View Post
Awsome! Now how do you reattatch it?
x2
Old 05-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
You can do this or:

Use a heat gun and heat up the taps and use a small flat headed screwdriver and bent the tabs straight up. Then you can reheat the tabs and bent them back down when reattaching your grill.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
You can do this or:

Use a heat gun and heat up the taps and use a small flat headed screwdriver and bent the tabs straight up. Then you can reheat the tabs and bent them back down when reattaching your grill.
I have not messed with a 2011 grille, so it may work for those, but it has been my experience that the tabs are far too melted to "bend up" & be able to save them.
I'd like to see it done as you describe though...

Along the same lines - I use a similar method to re-attach the two, but I use a soldering iron with a flat, broad tip to re-melt the two pieces together...
Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #16
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
x2 No worky
x3 just a ? here
Old 06-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have not messed with a 2011 grille, so it may work for those, but it has been my experience that the tabs are far too melted to "bend up" & be able to save them.
I'd like to see it done as you describe though...
That is what I did when I painted my surround but it's very tricky because I'm sure you know the tabs are pretty brittle. I broke a few but then just plastic welded the broken slots.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #19
Hey you'll watch this!!!
BigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A
BigA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BigA
ok homer ? when you grind out the insert and reattach where does the new melt points come from if you ground all of them down do you buy another insert or what sorry man cant find it on the other post as to how to do that step ive seen how people do it with bondo but just not getting the grind and melt way of doing it any help would be nice thanks homer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Here is the video on how to re-attach...
Old 07-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #20
Retired?
gatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
gatlin69's Tacoma Gallery
Great video...you sound like one of the guys from Shady tree mechanics.