1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you think of the Homeroshi OPTION?

Discussion in 'HomerTaco' started by HomerTaco, May 13, 2011.

?

What do you think of this grille?

Poll closed Jun 12, 2011.
  1. WOW! That's KickAss!

22.6%
  2. Pretty Cool

43.2%
  3. Meh, OK

15.3%
  4. Nah! That's Dumb...

3.1%
  5. WTF is that? Are you High???

3.1%
  6. Stop Wasting Your Time HomerTaco.

2.1%
  7. How the Fuck did you bend that?!

23.8%
  1. May 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    I voted pretty cool but I think with different mesh it would be hands down kick ass. I'm going to go back and read the middle pages to see what I missed before I start asking questions but I'm interested.

2. May 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    skybob

skybob Well-Known Member

Member:
    That would suck to spend all that time on that and hit a deer or a big ass bird. I didn't like it at first, but everytime I look at it I like it more, I'd like to see it on the truck!

3. May 17, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco [OP] also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :cool:UPDATED OP ------>
    So my insert GB was almost a total FAIL. I say Almost because I have at least been able to supply at a good price the Mesh to complete the project to a few fellow members...
    My latest endeavor is this. A Satoshi-Like Mesh insert that uses the same contour as the stock grille.
    [​IMG]
    The idea here is to be able to eliminate the time consuming Bondo/Fiberglass process for the typical Satoshi Mod...
    Here is a close up of the different size mesh I used as compared to the "Mesh #1" I have in my for sale thread.
    [​IMG]
    At this point I'm not offering this for sale... Very labor intensive and I would not even know where to start with a price.
    Just looking for feedback from fellow TW members.
    Thanks!:D

**EDIT**

Per popular request, here is a shot of this new Mesh fitted in Boyds Busted up surround...
    [​IMG]

And now painted Black:
    [​IMG]
    And now all together again.....:D
    [​IMG]

And Finally:

MOUNTED ON THE TRUCK......[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. May 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Yeah that's cool, I like the chrome better!

5. May 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    Honestly, I wasn't a fan at first. But now, seeing it actually installed, I think it looks AWESOME!!

6. May 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    jacobigindi

jacobigindi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 5 lug AC
    I would like to change my vote to selection A. Please and thank you :cool:

7. May 17, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I have to admit, Craig, I didn't like it when I first saw it. Now that you have it painted black and installed, It's really a nice option. Nice work.

8. May 17, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
  9. May 17, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    That's why I wanted to get a shot of it on the truck! Thanks guys!

coming from another satoshi guy that means a lot! Thanks Aaron!;)

10. May 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    jcayce

jcayce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSBTRDOR4X4
    Will the old school T O Y O T A letters fit in the middle? I'm pretty much sold already but if they do I'm in. Can you measure that part for me?

11. May 17, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    The middle "indent" is tapered slightly... 1 3/8" in the back and 1 1/2" at the front where it bends & then curves back...
    Hope that helps... :notsure:

12. May 17, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    TheMrGExperience

TheMrGExperience Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Slidell, LA
    Vehicle:
    01 GMC Sierra z85 4x4 4.8L RCLB
    Debadged, 4x6 to 6x9 rear speaker conversion
    I still really think you should contact toyota about this design. This would be a badass option for the TRD sport or limited models.

13. May 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Thanks, but I'd rather keep the idea here on TW...
    If they are hooked up from the stealership how would they be special?
    I've worked at car dealerships in the past... Selling to them is a dead end. I think Shannon had some limited success with his light up 4x4 switch though...:confused:

14. May 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Very limited, The dealerships are thief's in more way then one!!
    TW is the way to go, the people here are far better to deal with than the bureaucracy of toyota. The people of TW paid my truck off last year, thanks guys!! Oh but i did pay a shit load of taxes this year!! :D

15. May 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Theives

16. May 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Ship to Canada Craig ?

17. May 17, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    :canada: of course! :D

18. May 17, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    So , wanna trade for this bitchen mesh I just bought off a guy on TW ?

19. May 17, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Really??? Come on Pete... I know your in some kind of building trade... no access to a brake???:rolleyes:

20. May 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    By the way...
    I just purchased (4) 2nd Gen Tacoma Grilles to start....:cool:

To Top