Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

What do you think of the Homeroshi OPTION?

View Poll Results: What do you think of this grille?
WOW! That's KickAss! 96 22.64%
Pretty Cool 183 43.16%
Meh, OK 65 15.33%
Nah! That's Dumb... 13 3.07%
WTF is that? Are you High??? 13 3.07%
Stop Wasting Your Time HomerTaco. 9 2.12%
How the Fuck did you bend that?! 101 23.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think of the Homeroshi OPTION?

So my insert GB was almost a total FAIL. I say Almost because I have at least been able to supply at a good price the Mesh to complete the project to a few fellow members...
My latest endeavor is this. A Satoshi-Like Mesh insert that uses the same contour as the stock grille.

The idea here is to be able to eliminate the time consuming Bondo/Fiberglass process for the typical Satoshi Mod...
Here is a close up of the different size mesh I used as compared to the "Mesh #1" I have in my for sale thread.

At this point I'm not offering this for sale... Very labor intensive and I would not even know where to start with a price.
Just looking for feedback from fellow TW members.
Thanks!

**EDIT**

Per popular request, here is a shot of this new Mesh fitted in Boyds Busted up surround...

And now painted Black:

And now all together again.....

And Finally:

MOUNTED ON THE TRUCK......

Link to F/S Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3223372
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
I think thats pretty original I would have never thought of it, be interesting to see it sprayed black. Love the idea though! +1 for you.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy one. Very nice & original idea.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I voted pretty cool, because it's a new, unique idea.

I also voted Meh, OK because I need to see it mocked on the truck in the sunlight.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, I already have an idea for an emblem for it, I want!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the " How the fuck did you bend that ? " choice ?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:31 AM   #8
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Not my cup of tea though. Could definitely see a market for it though. Looks like your a damn good fabricator. Good luck with it.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #9
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
Nope slightly inebriated at the moment though.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
That would look good with a brushed aluminum color surround.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:26 AM   #12
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
I'd definitely be interested as I'd love to have mesh behind the grill. Depends on the price.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #13
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of it installed to see the full view? Right off hand it doesn't sound appealing. +1rep though for the trouble and effort on the grilles!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #15
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Get ready for piles of bugs to fill it, small birds, etc... The bends however look like u put in work and it does look cool
Old 05-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Where is the " How the fuck did you bend that ? " choice ?
No shit!!!

adding it to poll...
Old 05-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #18
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I can't muster an opinion until it is fully installed!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #19
tacoma 4 life
savoy is a jewel in the roughsavoy is a jewel in the roughsavoy is a jewel in the rough

Navy: Boatswain
Name: Josh
savoy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick. Would look even better black.
Woulds lights fit behind it ?
Old 05-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #20
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i think its looks pretty cool...very nice idea!!!