Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

Original TRD Signature HomerTaco Grill

Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Original TRD Signature HomerTaco Grill

As some of you may have seen, I've been working on this grill off-and-on for a while now...
I wanted to do something completely original that used a satoshi grill as a starting point - unlike the "homeroshi" that is just a stock grill cut out.
I started by getting a TRD symbol off google images & sizing it on a sheet of paper then built this:

Transferring the letters to a 3/16 thick sheet of fiberglass panel & then cutting out two sets of them.
It occurred to me that the letters themselves might look cool mounted on a grill...
There was no way I was going to be able to emboss anything on the .063 thick metal that I sell for the satoshi mesh, so I got a small piece of 5/32 on 3/16 staggered in .032
This I can bend!

The issue then was that this .032 mesh is really too thin to use as grill mesh by itself... Even with a bend in it I did not feel good about mounting it to the surround, so I took some of my M4 mesh and put the two together:

While I was playing with the mesh I was also experimenting with a way to completely eliminate the use of "bondo" in the satoshi Mod process...
Here is the result:

No waiting for fiberglass or bondo to cure!
I then painted the TRD Red...

And test fit against the satoshi (now in primer)

One thing to note: the stock grill has a slight convex curve to it - meaning it bows outward slightly. Usually this has little to no effect on a satoshi as the mesh is pliable enough to compensate, but in this case I cut out the back of the satoshi all the way around so the mesh sits completely straight.

Here is the finished grill:

I took a few shots mounted on the truck this morning:

Anyone interested in this?

$350 + shipping

I can attach the outer surround or leave it off if the buyer wants to use their own.

Instructions on how to do that are here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...en-grille.html

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
that's real clean....

glws $$$
Old 06-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great Craig, but you clearly have too much time on your hands. You wife needs to find some chores for you to do around the house.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Thanks John. Been on Vacation all week at home with the kids while she's at a convention in York Pa.
Had to do something....
that explains quite a bit. Carry on.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with sale!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Nice glws
Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, anyway you could paint the TRD Super White?
Old 06-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
blackbeantaco is a name known to allblackbeantaco is a name known to allblackbeantaco is a name known to allblackbeantaco is a name known to allblackbeantaco is a name known to allblackbeantaco is a name known to all

Name: Rob
blackbeantaco's Tacoma Gallery
SUPER SWEET SIR, that looks sick, but im already rockin satoshi upper

would you be able to do the same for the lower valance?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Nice, anyway you could paint the TRD Super White?
Sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeantaco View Post
SUPER SWEET SIR, that looks sick, but im already rockin satoshi upper

would you be able to do the same for the lower valance?
YES! I make lower bumper pieces.
Click the link in my sig... can be made in any of the 4 mesh styles I have.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
That grill is awesome. Makes me wish i still worked in metal fabbing. I would throw that on my truck in a heartbeat. $350.00 is over my current price tag though. GLWS and good job on the grill!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroach78 View Post
That grill is awesome. Makes me wish i still worked in metal fabbing. I would throw that on my truck in a heartbeat. $350.00 is over my current price tag though. GLWS and good job on the grill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLot17 View Post
Looks awesome Craig.. good work my man..
Thanks guys!

Am I asking too much???

Bump anyway.....
Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #19
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think your asking to much. It is a super nice grill.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 AM   #20
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking product! I think it is priced more then fairly. Looks like a time consuming product.