Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

The HomerTaco GrillCraft Alternative...

Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The HomerTaco GrillCraft Alternative...

So I have been kicking this idea around for a long time:

A flush mount mesh similar to the GrillCraft Product...

I went so far as to borrow another members GrillCraft with the hopes of finding a way to replicate it with the mesh that I currently have for sale. Unfortunately the way they are constructed is beyond the capabilities of what i can do in my shop at home.
I returned the grill to its owner (thanks JLink) and gave up for a while...

Recently I needed to get my hands on some thinner mesh to continue to create the "TRD" grill in my sig. Another member had PM'ed me about possibly "sandwiching" the mesh between the inner & outer surround.

Well, now that I have this thinner mesh in both M1 & M4 i gave it a shot:

Here's what it looks like from the back:

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out & I plan on having this entire grill painted to 040 (super white) - by this I mean outer surround and mesh.

Cost will be between $250 & $300 It really depends on what the painting costs will be.

I'm not taking orders just yet, but I would like to get some feedback... If there is anyone on my list already that wants to switch to this style instead I would consider it.

NO - I will NOT sell just the mesh for this grill. The assembly is really challenging & I don't need anyone disappointed in something I ship them.

Please let me know what you think!
Thank you,
~ Craig
Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
That does look awesome!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
IslandBoy86 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 757 AMXS
IslandBoy86's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a Do it yourself kind of project? or you going to share the details on how to make?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Love the look!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I'm going to fucking regret this...
yes.. on the M4 mesh I could....
bump
Old 11-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
That'd look awesome! I'm gonna have to do some talkin' with the wife! Keep up the good work Homer...you have some real talent with this stuff!
Thanks! I was thinking about the logo impression as I was building this one. I would need to make a reverse die so the logo would be pushed in instead of out. That is the only way it would work...
Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #14
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Homer!

If i already hadnt satoshi'd mine with your mesh of course :P i'd be talking to the rentz

Old 11-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #15
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I'm going to fucking regret this...
yes.. on the M4 mesh I could....
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #19
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I think with this setup the TRD coming out of the mesh instead of into it would look really cool!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice but isn't that nearly the price of Grillcrafts?