Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

Explain the difference....

Old 11-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota didn't, or rather couldn't regardless of any grill design they put on their vehicles, make a "Satoshi" grill because Miura Satoshi didn't work for Toyota, although his Hilux Surf was built by them.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I assume aftermarket is total shit and isn't exactly built like oem on the back side of grill?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Between a Satoshi Grill Mod done on an OEM Grill and one done with an Aftermarket Replacement Grill?

Rep to anyone who can answer this correctly.
The thing that stands out to me is the depth and lack of mesh frame on the Satoshi.
The aftermarkets seem to be more flush because they :

1. Allow OEM cross bars to remain
2. Allow the option of removing the cross bars but don't address repairing the notches in the bezel after the removal.

The set back of the Satoshi reminds me of an intake.
Like an F-86
Old 11-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Between a Satoshi Grill Mod done on an OEM Grill and one done with an Aftermarket Replacement Grill?

Rep to anyone who can answer this correctly.
Aftermarket grill comes in two pieces already
Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
There probably isnt any difference. in my opinion, the plastics used on an OEM grill are determind by cost. Example, Toyota contracts out to have the grills made (as they are not a plastic company), so they might be a little less expensive plastic, or casting process. or both......Meanwhile, a company that IS in the plastic business, may undertake the opertunity to make grills for vehicles at a lower cost than the dealer can provide. being as the company that makes them for the manufacture is bound to a "Non compete" agreement, so they cant try to provide a less expensive alt. to the consumer. The company making the grills for the consumer can use better plastic matrix, and in some cases, be of better quality than the OEM grills, at a reduced cost. To add......Some could be made of cheese, and be best served on crackers.....
Old 11-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Dang! I thought I was gonna be a clever snot too.

My only ideas are whether the aftermarket grill needs painting, whether you have to drive your truck for a few days without a grill, or how much you're shakin' in your boots when you start to cut into the OEM unit.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
ON VACATION!
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I assume aftermarket is total shit and isn't exactly built like oem on the back side of grill?
Wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
The thing that stands out to me is the depth and lack of mesh frame on the Satoshi.
The aftermarkets seem to be more flush because they :

1. Allow OEM cross bars to remain
2. Allow the option of removing the cross bars but don't address repairing the notches in the bezel after the removal.

The set back of the Satoshi reminds me of an intake.
Like an F-86
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Aftermarket grill comes in two pieces already
True but not the answer we are looking for... (+1 anyway)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
There probably isnt any difference. in my opinion, the plastics used on an OEM grill are determind by cost. Example, Toyota contracts out to have the grills made (as they are not a plastic company), so they might be a little less expensive plastic, or casting process. or both......Meanwhile, a company that IS in the plastic business, may undertake the opertunity to make grills for vehicles at a lower cost than the dealer can provide. being as the company that makes them for the manufacture is bound to a "Non compete" agreement, so they cant try to provide a less expensive alt. to the consumer. The company making the grills for the consumer can use better plastic matrix, and in some cases, be of better quality than the OEM grills, at a reduced cost. To add......Some could be made of cheese, and be best served on crackers.....
WINNER!!!

The truth of the matter is that I have done the Satoshi Mod to both an OEM grill and an Aftermarket and there is NO DIFFERENCE in them except for the markings on the plastic on the inside! the Plastic is the exact same ABS, had the identical melting point temp, and the injection points for the manufacturing process are in the same spots. From the front neither you or I could EVER tell the difference between the two once they were finished.

Thanks for playing!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
have you been eating for 8 hours??
Old 11-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sorry 9 hours..
Old 11-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You did not even post an answer Bro!
So is that a no?
Old 11-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #17
Resident Jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
So is that a no?
you mad bro?
Old 11-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
meh... consolation prize...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTaco View Post
you mad bro?
Not anymore!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #20
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wrong...

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about...

True but not the answer we are looking for... (+1 anyway)

WINNER!!!

The truth of the matter is that I have done the Satoshi Mod to both an OEM grill and an Aftermarket and there is NO DIFFERENCE in them except for the markings on the plastic on the inside! the Plastic is the exact same ABS, had the identical melting point temp, and the injection points for the manufacturing process are in the same spots. From the front neither you or I could EVER tell the difference between the two once they were finished.

Thanks for playing!
Fix