Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

Signature TRD Mesh

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Signature TRD Mesh

I have decided to offer the Signature TRD Mesh ONLY for sale.
This will come painted complete as seen in this pic:

This is a less expensive alternative to purchasing the complete grill that has been my "Signature" Pic.

This mesh requires completing the satoshi mod to the inner surround then cutting the back of the inner surround to match the contour of the mesh like the grill shown here:

Cost: $125 + shipping

Matching Triangles $7 (painted as well)

Lead time to ship will vary due to current demand.

Thank you!
~ Craig

Old 12-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
whopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: wayne
whopper's Tacoma Gallery
do you paint to match i would like one in black sand pearl for 2010 sport ? how much ?

Old 12-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
soo tempting, very nice

Old 12-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Banned
Studder is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT(R)
Name: Ryan
Studder's Tacoma Gallery
so is it the whole grille or just the mesh?

Old 12-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
do you paint to match i would like one in black sand pearl for 2010 sport ? how much ?
PM'ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Will it fit without satoshi?? Like cutting out the inner stuff ???
No... I would not be in business if it was that easy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studder View Post
so is it the whole grille or just the mesh?
Mesh only.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why not grillcraft sells grills all day and they go in with cutting out the center crap and installing mesh!!!! U could build mesh and sell it with designs and be a step up on gc!!!
Grill craft looks like shit too. Look at Homers grills, and try and find a thing wrong with them.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Why not grillcraft sells grills all day and they go in with cutting out the center crap and installing mesh!!!! U could build mesh and sell it with designs and be a step up on gc!!!
It does not work that way.

The grillcraft insert is a rubberized coated sheet of steel mesh with a welded support bar and mounting tabs to make it sit on the inner lip of the inner surround of the grill - flush with the outer surround. All together it is a bout 1/4" thick or so.

I do not have the tools or the time to produce a product like you describe. Believe me, I've been working on these for some time... I have many local contacts in the metal fabrication field & if I could produce a "drop-in" product like you describe i would have done it already.

I create a much less expensive option to customize your grill. (and i make everything personally by hand)

My regular mesh sells for only $40 + shipping.

I'm all about being economical!

(personally I think I am already a step up on GC)

Old 12-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Well, that is a matter of opinion Chris... I don't think they look that bad... But I will say that they are quick to install if you want immediate satisfaction...

Thank you!
WEll...You have a point. I just think yours look better

Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #12
Backwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to behold

Army: 178th engineer battalion
Backwoodz's Tacoma Gallery
Is the mesh black?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
Four Wheel Drive With Room For Five!
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Name: Nick
Order66's Tacoma Gallery
niiiiiiiiiiice

Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Here is a slight variation I made for another member:

Unlike the original TRD Mesh set up, this does not have the center "backset".
This will make for an easier time cutting the back of the inner surround to fit the mesh..

Here's another angle:

In this shot you can also see the difference in the thickness between the center piece... Building like this makes for a much more rigid grill.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. You are an artist.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #18
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
vary nice grills! that trd embossed into the mesh is incredible

Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #19
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
how hard is this to install?

Closed Thread