Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

95-97 Satoshi

Old 01-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Craig, Ive just cut out my grille and im trying to plan out the mesh insert. My question is, are you folding the mesh over the lip? Or are you inserting it?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #23
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Hey Craig, Ive just cut out my grille and im trying to plan out the mesh insert. My question is, are you folding the mesh over the lip? Or are you inserting it?
I intend to bend it around the opening from behind & attach the way I always do - with zip ties... Had to use the "mounting tabs" this time due to the "one piece" grill design.
Once I wrap this up I'll post it for sale.
I will NOT be making another.
ever.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:36 AM   #24
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I intend to bend it around the opening from behind & attach the way I always do - with zip ties... Had to use the "mounting tabs" this time due to the "one piece" grill design.
Once I wrap this up I'll post it for sale.
I will NOT be making another.
ever.
Haha so should I call dibs now? If no one has spoken for it let me know when its ready I need a new grill mines gettin rusty.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
egan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to all

Name: Brian
egan's Tacoma Gallery
holy hell that looks good
Old 01-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #28
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done. Same kind of PITA that my year's is?
Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #30
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
YES!
It's going to be interesting when I re-do mine...need to order that spare soon....it's like 20 bucks from RockAuto
Old 01-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
It's going to be interesting when I re-do mine...need to order that spare soon....it's like 20 bucks from RockAuto
Yes, the grill itself is not expensive. It's the time & aggravation.
I've got hours & hours into this one - just like the 99" I did for Lisa.
I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Now I want it out of my sight!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #32
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, the grill itself is not expensive. It's the time & aggravation.
I've got hours & hours into this one - just like the 99" I did for Lisa.
I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Now I want it out of my sight!
Oh I know buddy. I'm not looking forward to redoing mine at all, but it needs doing. Eventually.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IMO the 98-00 is easier that the 95-97.

It'll be fine. Hence why I wanna order a spare (even though I have my stocker and my satoshi one both). So I can spend the hours on it here and there and not be too concerned about it. who knows though when I'll get rolling on it. I have a welder now and some projects in mind, including an idea on a product I want to potentially start producing for the market soon
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #35
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

It'll be fine. Hence why I wanna order a spare (even though I have my stocker and my satoshi one both). So I can spend the hours on it here and there and not be too concerned about it. who knows though when I'll get rolling on it. I have a welder now and some projects in mind, including an idea on a product I want to potentially start producing for the market soon
Cool.

Hit me up when you take on the grill - I've got a few helpful Hints to aid in your endeavor.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #36
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool.

Hit me up when you take on the grill - I've got a few helpful Hints to aid in your endeavor.
Definitely will do. I owe you a phone call soon now that life has slow down a bit for me.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #39
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Quote:

I be in the shop all day tomorrow... Hit me up if you want to.
I actually don't have to work until later that night so I will plan to!

Cheers pal!