Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

95-97 Satoshi

Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Stoked to see how this turns out! I just ordered another grille to do this. Should be here early next week. Ill let you know how it goes
Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Enjoy...

I'm about ready to huck this one in the trash.

I won't really... I had to step away from it though, it was really pissing me off.
What's the main issue? Why are you applying heat?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
What's the main issue? Why are you applying heat?
I think he was using heat as an analogy
Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Plastic welding.

the plastic on these and the 98-00 is different than the 01-04 and second gens...
Oh wow! Never knew you were using a plastic welder. So, it might be easier to do it the conventional way?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
OK.

Since I have done all I can do for all the grills in my current batch, I decided to work on this bitch of a grill...

The one-piece is really challenging... The 99' I did for MTgirl I was able to use the supports to mount the mesh but with this one there are only two on the top that I can use.
Solution... Mounting tabs for the zip ties... I took the double sided tape off & plastic welded them to the back of the grill:

Now, I had already formed the inner part of the main section, But since this plastic is such a PITA i had to resort to Bondo finishing putty to fill in some spots...

I'll sand it smooth, then prime it an paint it flat black.

I think I'm going to go with M4 mesh on this one... Maybe put the TRD logo in the middle too?

I can only take this grill in small doses anymore...
Old 12-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job craig
Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #15
Drunk Canadian

lol...

Coming along, looks good!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #16
ike.bentley is on a distinguished road
ike.bentley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Oh wow! Never knew you were using a plastic welder. So, it might be easier to do it the conventional way?
What's your idea of the conventional way?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to see it man.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #19
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
damn you wehre were you when i had a 1st gen lol looks good
Old 12-31-2011, 08:09 AM   #20
ike.bentley is on a distinguished road
ike.bentley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He's referring to fiberglass and/or bondo as filler...

so the fiberglass/ bondo holds the mesh in like glue?