Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

Powder Coated Mesh Option Poll

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in Powder Coated Mesh for your HomerTaco Grill?
Yes, That's a great idea! I'm in! 27 29.67%
Yes, as long as it does not cost the earth! 56 61.54%
No, you should keep huffing fumes in your shop! 7 7.69%
Get back in the garage and GET TO WORK!!!! 15 16.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Powder Coated Mesh Option Poll

How many of you would prefer to have their Grill Mesh Powder Coated vs. the current Flat Painted Black that I do now?

I've PM'ed everyone in the build list to get feedback because this change would obviously result in a cost increase of some kind.

It has been my goal to create an affordable product therefore I chose initially to paint all of the mesh myself. Unfortunately at the time I could not foresee that this would severely slow down production in the Winter months.

If there is enough interest I will pursue the Powder Coating.

EDIT: I'll have a $ for this early next week...

Thank you!
~ Craig
Old 02-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Cost more but its the only way to go. Grills are going to get dinged up. PC holds up good for that, Jim
Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Cost more but its the only way to go. Grills are going to get dinged up. PC holds up good for that, Jim

Agreed!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
I've already requested my mesh be left raw so that I could have it powder coated, so this would be more convenient to have it ready to install upon arrival. depending on the cost increase I would be interested in this as an option.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Tim 2011 DC is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Tim 2011 DC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
That is my thought as well... I just PM'ed everyone on my list. If the majority of folks want Powder Coating I'll pursue it.
I think the question most would want answered is, "how much?"
Old 02-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
As long as I don't have to sell a kidney, whatever will hold up best works for me.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Only problem I see is that if it chips there is no way to touch it up, I have alot of powder coated stuff on my dirtbike and its chips easily in my experience. Powder coat should would look good though
Old 02-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Duae Rotarum per Sempre
canyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dave
canyonchaser's Tacoma Gallery
PC will make the whole thing more durable. It'll be worth the additional costs - as long as it doesn't cost the earth.

dp
Old 02-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
I would want it powder coated, but it comes down to pricing.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
chaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud of
Navy: AS2
Name: Chad
chaddawkins's Tacoma Gallery
I would give the option of both. I see powder coating on tractors on a daily basis; there is NO EASY WAY TO TOUCH UP. You would have to remove the grill from the surround and have it recoated if you want a "touch-up". And touched-up powder coat looks bad, unless you remove all the other powder, which would make the job a recoat. In reality, powder coating is a BAD MOVE. I thought your idea of the flat Rustoleum was GENIUS. I understand you want that list to shrink/want to make more $. Believe me folks, you don't want powdercoat for long term.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddawkins View Post
I would give the option of both. I see powder coating on tractors on a daily basis; there is NO EASY WAY TO TOUCH UP. You would have to remove the grill from the surround and have it recoated if you want a "touch-up". And touched-up powder coat looks bad, unless you remove all the other powder, which would make the job a recoat. In reality, powder coating is a BAD MOVE. I thought your idea of the flat Rustoleum was GENIUS. I understand you want that list to shrink/want to make more $. Believe me folks, you don't want powdercoat for long term.
Thank you for posting! I do not intend to eliminate me painting the mesh, only offer another alternative...
Old 02-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #14
Supercharged Mileage Master
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
MikeyLikesIt's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in powder coating. I casted my vote as well.

We are working on a similar process as well at my work as we make residential hurricane screens. What type of metal is the grill?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #16
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
I'm with Jim. Especially in my cold environment.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
love the idea but want the price reasonable. id probably go with the flat paint tho thats just me. offer both and let people choose
Old 02-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If it more durable, it is a great idea.