Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

The Billet Satoshi Grill

Old 03-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looking good!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #25
Tortoise*

The one on my truck I think looks pretty good.

Gotta match!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #26
NOCENTS is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
NOCENTS's Tacoma Gallery
Hard to tell but its a thin Satoshi about 1 1/2 deep,
Attached Thumbnails
The Billet Satoshi Grill-grille.jpg   The Billet Satoshi Grill-grille2.jpg   The Billet Satoshi Grill-grille3.jpg   The Billet Satoshi Grill-grille4.jpg  
Old 03-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #27
NOCENTS's Tacoma Gallery
Billet grille will be black if I keep it, I have the side pieces also but not the scoop or lower valance. Not sure if I will keep or get mesh instead. Craig what mesh do you have that is close to the Grille craft MX mesh grille?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCENTS View Post
Billet grille will be black if I keep it, I have the side pieces also but not the scoop or lower valance. Not sure if I will keep or get mesh instead. Craig what mesh do you have that is close to the Grille craft MX mesh grille?
can you post a pic of it?

BTW - that grill looks great!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hard to tell but its a thin Satoshi about 1 1/2 deep,
That looks wicked good! Very Nice!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #30
NOCENTS's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot!!!! I was pretty nervous at first but so happy I did. Even did BHLM the same weekend. Both turned out pretty good. Such a big difference in the way the front of the truck looks.

Here is the MX grille mesh.

http://http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/2009_Toyota_Tacoma.aspx/1/411/
Old 03-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #31
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks a lot!!!! I was pretty nervous at first but so happy I did. Even did BHLM the same weekend. Both turned out pretty good. Such a big difference in the way the front of the truck looks.

Here is the MX grille mesh.

http://http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/2009_Toyota_Tacoma.aspx/1/411/
I do not have a mesh comparable to that but customcargrills.com does. I recently did a grill with their mesh...
Old 03-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

So I finished my Billet Satoshi today!

Here are a couple of shots before I installed it - It is a full depth (2 1/2") Satoshi

And before & after shots of the install.

I've got to mess with the triangles a bit more to get them to sit correctly. The sit back so much that they are hitting the sides of the headlights. That is why in the last pic they do not line up with the main grill.

I'm not 100% sold on it yet. - Don't get me wrong, I really like the look, I'm just not sure if I'm committed to it yet.

Thank you,
~ Craig
Old 03-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #35
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Take out the hood scoop Billet and it will look much better. With an insert in the scoop, there's too much chrome horizontal lines going on in the front...Simplify it!

I'm not sold on either chrome or billet but it is your truck , if it looks good to you, keep it!

Matt
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #36
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Take out the hood scoop Billet and it will look much better. With an insert in the scoop, there's too much chrome horizontal lines going on in the front...Simplify it!

Otherwise, looks good.

Matt
I plan on loosing the scooped hood sometime this summer so that's just temporary anyway...
Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Another fine piece!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #38
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. The mesh thing is old hat, along with black wheels.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #39
NOCENTS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I do not have a mesh comparable to that but customcargrills.com does. I recently did a grill with their mesh...

Thanks I will check them out!!!!

Grille looks good Craig!!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #40
halfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
halfway72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Paint it black I say...

Nice job!
I agree black it out. It'd look real good I think.