Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

Homer Taco mesh/satoshi install

Old 05-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Homer Taco mesh/satoshi install

I was debating if I should place an order for a brand new grill, but I didn't have the funds or the time to wait(too excited). Ordered Mod 1 mesh from Craig for the grill, triangles, and lower bumper. I should of had it powder coated(DEF SHOULD DO THIS) just another pain in the butt you won't have to worry about. Craig was very helpful throughout and had great communication, got the grill in less than a week. Took me about 2 weeks to get everything done, but I'm still not done, and thats with school taking up most my day.

First day.

Left big chunks when I was cutting just because I was using that saw and I didn't want to cut off extra.

Instead of trying to cut pieces to fit the missing holes I decided to recycle the left over parts and just epoxy on the whole backside.

Bondo. Its alot easier if you have a sander, and I should have taped the whole thing right there just so the rest of the grill didn't get as messy.

Cutout the triangles, holes, and did some test fitting.

Cleaned, taped, and prepped for paint.

Primed the grill.

Painted flat black.

Just like Christmas unwrapping.

Taped up the inside next.

Plasti-Dip.

Finished at night so a blurry photo.

I ran out of flat black paint and couldn't really wait because of the long drive this weekend, I didn't want to drive around without a grill on. When I get back I'll touch up the paint, do all the work for the lower bumper grill, and paint the radiator.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.

Frank
Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Looks good.

Frank
Thanks man, back from Reno and got the bumper done. Would post photos now but it won't copy and paste from my phone.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Update:Finished a while back, but didn't have the time to upload the photos.

Took apart the front assembly, but left the headlights(IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP JUST LET ME KNOW I DIDN'T SEE ANY HOW TOS ON THE FORUM)

Taped up and cleaned

Painted flat black.

Reloacted the horns to the center of the lower rad support, for some reason I don't have a heat sensor.

Was left with this for about a day, looked pretty clean haha.

Cut apart the bumper and began test fitting and sanding.

Epoxyed the edges.

Bondo and sand.

Sanding and drilling holes for the mesh.

Tape and sand. Did a wetsand somewhere there haha but the scrtaches are still deep so I will redo in the future but overal very smooth finish.

Late night photos as usual. Took me less than 2 days to finish all this. Only took longer because I waited for the paint to cure. Very easy setup, faster than the satoshi itself. I'll have updated qulaity and clean photos soon.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Very nice work! Not too many members have the whole front setup like that.
Thanks Craig, it looks pretty messy atm but I'm just waiting to get clean photos of my car.