1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Homer Taco mesh/satoshi install

Discussion in 'HomerTaco' started by Jbcm12, May 25, 2012.

1. May 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM
    Jbcm12

Jbcm12 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Bay Area
    I was debating if I should place an order for a brand new grill, but I didn't have the funds or the time to wait(too excited). Ordered Mod 1 mesh from Craig for the grill, triangles, and lower bumper. I should of had it powder coated(DEF SHOULD DO THIS) just another pain in the butt you won't have to worry about. Craig was very helpful throughout and had great communication, got the grill in less than a week. Took me about 2 weeks to get everything done, but I'm still not done, and thats with school taking up most my day.

First day.
    [​IMG]
    Left big chunks when I was cutting just because I was using that saw and I didn't want to cut off extra.
    [​IMG]
    Instead of trying to cut pieces to fit the missing holes I decided to recycle the left over parts and just epoxy on the whole backside.
    [​IMG]
    Bondo. Its alot easier if you have a sander, and I should have taped the whole thing right there just so the rest of the grill didn't get as messy.
    [​IMG]
    Cutout the triangles, holes, and did some test fitting.
    [​IMG]
    Cleaned, taped, and prepped for paint.
    [​IMG]
    Primed the grill.
    [​IMG]
    Painted flat black.
    [​IMG]
    Just like Christmas unwrapping.
    [​IMG]
    Taped up the inside next.
    [​IMG]
    Plasti-Dip.
    [​IMG]
    Finished at night so a blurry photo.
    [​IMG]
    I ran out of flat black paint and couldn't really wait because of the long drive this weekend, I didn't want to drive around without a grill on. When I get back I'll touch up the paint, do all the work for the lower bumper grill, and paint the radiator.

2. May 25, 2012 at 2:03 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Looks good.

Frank

3. May 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    Jbcm12

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Bay Area
    Thanks man, back from Reno and got the bumper done. Would post photos now but it won't copy and paste from my phone.

4. Jun 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
    Jbcm12

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Bay Area
    Update:Finished a while back, but didn't have the time to upload the photos.

Took apart the front assembly, but left the headlights(IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP JUST LET ME KNOW I DIDN'T SEE ANY HOW TOS ON THE FORUM)
    [​IMG]
    Taped up and cleaned
    [​IMG]
    Painted flat black.
    [​IMG]
    Reloacted the horns to the center of the lower rad support, for some reason I don't have a heat sensor.
    [​IMG]
    Was left with this for about a day, looked pretty clean haha.
    [​IMG]
    Cut apart the bumper and began test fitting and sanding.
    [​IMG]
    Epoxyed the edges.
    [​IMG]
    Bondo and sand.
    [​IMG]
    Sanding and drilling holes for the mesh.
    [​IMG]
    Tape and sand. Did a wetsand somewhere there haha but the scrtaches are still deep so I will redo in the future but overal very smooth finish.
    [​IMG]
    Late night photos as usual. Took me less than 2 days to finish all this. Only took longer because I waited for the paint to cure. Very easy setup, faster than the satoshi itself. I'll have updated qulaity and clean photos soon.
    [​IMG]

5. Jun 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Very nice work! Not too many members have the whole front setup like that.
    :thumbsup:

6. Jun 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    Jbcm12

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Bay Area
    Thanks Craig, it looks pretty messy atm but I'm just waiting to get clean photos of my car.

To Top