1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The 4Runner Satoshi

Discussion in 'HomerTaco' started by HomerTaco, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Dec 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco [OP] also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Stealership wants too much for them - I was quoted $320.00

I'm not familiar enough with the vehicle to be comfortable sourcing an aftermarket one..

I've got the raptor template and lettering to build a batch of 10. I've even got the mesh stock cut to size....

I've got too many "side projects" like this with not enough time to execute them.:(

2. Dec 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    1LEGGER

1LEGGER 1LEGGED BADASS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Cedar Hills UT
    Vehicle:
    2003 Xtra Cab 80K Tacoma
    Homer ill send you my 03 you can keep. I need the 06+ one

3. Dec 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    c2one

c2one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '13 Classic Silver SR5 4Runner
    Your quality of work/experience making these is second to none and everyone wants in .... including me.

I've been keeping my eye out and I see all the demand just on the 05-11 Tacos and I can't imagine all the PMs you probably get asking about these side projects.

The part I was going to order for me to try and hack one up was this one....

(#1)
    http://parts.camelbacktoyota.com/pa...iteid=214329&vehicleid=388428&diagram=8418025

4. Dec 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Thank you for the link.
    I'll give you this commitment: I'll purchase one after the holidays and run a batch. ;)

5. Dec 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    c2one

c2one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    :eek:

I'll speak for the 5th Gen guys sub'd to this thread. Thank you! That's great to hear!!

6. Dec 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    :thumbsup:

7. Dec 13, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    xjtwo

xjtwo Member

Member:
    C-Springs
    Vehicle:
    TE 4Runner
    This is great news!

@c2one....I'd be willing to split the cost of a grill to send to homertaco, maybe get a few more from other 5th gen guys?

8. Dec 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    No need for that. ;)

9. Dec 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    TomT4Runner

TomT4Runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Salsa Red 4Runner TE
    Can't wait for the Raptor model to be ready to go.

10. Jan 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Update:
    Just purchased and should have the "testing" grill in another week or so. :D

I think I'll be able to offer a bit more than just the "raptor" style too. The more I think about how these are done it will actually be very easy to offer mesh kits in any of my mesh styles...

From my experience with the prototype it is pretty simple to cut out the stock center of these grills and the new mesh essentially "sandwiches" in between the grill piece and the outer grill surround.

I'll know more once I have this grill to mess with.

I did this for the FJ's and didn't get much interest at all. If you T4R guys want to run with it, I'm game. :cool:

Thank you,
    ~ Craig

11. Jan 3, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    c2one

c2one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    I'm game!!! Count me in!!

I think the M0 or the M1 would look good. Even the Mx mesh without the 'Raptor bends' would look amazing.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  12. Jan 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    xjtwo

xjtwo Member

Member:
    C-Springs
    Vehicle:
    TE 4Runner

PLUS 1.....

I'm ready for a paypal address Homer....

13. Jan 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Hang in there guys... I'll make up a few samples and get them finished with a powder coat.
    I also want to document the process of cutting out the center. Not everyone is mechanically inclined and I'd like to get as much information on the process documented here for reference.
    Got to make the mod as painless as possible. ;)

14. Jan 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    RVA

RVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    If you are interested in more 4Rs then head over the yotatech.com
    I am sure you can get some more business if you are so inclined.

Nice work BTW...

15. Jan 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    I'm actually a member on T4R.org as well.

I've gotten some very positive feedback from several members over there. :D

Honestly though it's difficult enough keeping track of everything I've got going on in this forum, much less two.:eek:
    I try to keep everything to my subforum here on TW.

That's what's so great about TW - even though it's primarily for Tacoma's there's plenty of room for other toyota models too!:D

16. Jan 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    You know...I did have the fist 1st gen Tacoma grill from you. It would only be fitting that I got the first 4th gen 'runner grill as well.

17. Jan 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    [​IMG]

18. Jan 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    :D

19. Jan 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    kevinpt3

kevinpt3 4runner *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Richmond VA
    Vehicle:
    09 4runner limited
    Us 4th gen guys would love a satoshi. At least 06-09 grills

20. Jan 11, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Should have the 5th gen T4R grill this coming week... :cool:

To Top