Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

What looks the best? (Satoshi w/ Lettering)

View Poll Results: What looks the best?
White 90 35.43%
Magnetic Grey Metallic (1G3) 112 44.09%
Black 41 16.14%
I couldn't care less. 11 4.33%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #21
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Color match, unless you are adding white accessories...like wheels. These "Raptor" letters are more of the old FJ style...and they were white on those...but usually the grille was white, or the wheels. For me, since everything else is color matched, go MGM or black. Just my .02.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #22
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I'm leaning towards MGM now that I've seen Allen's truck, who has a similar grille. I still have 5-6 months to decide.

Matt
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
The MGM looks great.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #24
Ragin Cajun
Plik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant future

Plik's Tacoma Gallery
white
Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
MarkM is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MarkM's Tacoma Gallery
How do you mount the letters?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #26
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
How do you mount the letters?
People on here mostly use 3M Exterior Mounting Tape, which is what I will be using.

Matt
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #27
MarkM is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MarkM's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised that holds up with the holes in the grill. I just bought a grillcraft to avoid waiting months for these grills. But would absolutely love one!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #28
Dsmooth87 has a spectacular aura aboutDsmooth87 has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
Dsmooth87's Tacoma Gallery
MGm

MGM looks the best. Ive had both.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #30
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmooth87 View Post
MGM looks the best. Ive had both.
Relocate your horns
Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #31
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
I like dark on the black mesh
I painted mine black and outlined in silver
I vote for Magnetic Grey Metallic (1G3)

CC
Looks great
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #32
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I will be getting letters soon for mines and was planning on MGM with silver outline, so you know where my vote goes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #35
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
I like dark on the black mesh
I painted mine black and outlined in silver
I vote for Magnetic Grey Metallic (1G3)

CC
^^^^^this looks SICK Jack!!! I would do this if I were you Matt!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKY08 View Post
^^^^^this looks SICK Jack!!! I would do this if I were you Matt!
I really like that but I don't think I would be able to be patient enough to do the white outline. But I think I will be going with MGM, since I've seen another member on here with a similar grille to what I will be getting (with MGM lettering) and after I color matched my OEM emblem.

Matt
Old 01-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #38
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I really like that but I don't think I would be able to be patient enough to do the white outline. But I think I will be going with MGM, since I've seen another member on here with a similar grille to what I will be getting (with MGM lettering) and after I color matched my OEM emblem.
Matt
Simple, get a paint pen. Just fill in the "Rabbet" around the letters with it.
I bought one for touch-up before I did the Emblem.
When I did the Grill and Emblem, I used a brush for the outline.
It wasn't 'til someone in my "Separate Letter Emblem Write-Up", suggested a Paint Pen,
that I realized I had forgotten all about havin' one.
Good Luck, the color matched MGM should look great

CC
Old 03-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #39
Student / Vol. FF

Keep meaning to to do this. Here's an updated picture of what I did for anyone who is in the same position I was. Colormatched emblem with primer, Duplicolor colormatch paint, and a clear coat.

Matt