Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

What looks the best? (Satoshi w/ Lettering)

View Poll Results: What looks the best?
White 91 35.41%
Magnetic Grey Metallic (1G3) 112 43.58%
Black 43 16.73%
I couldn't care less. 11 4.28%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
What looks the best? (Satoshi w/ Lettering)

I apologize to Homer if I shouldn't be posting this in your section but I honestly couldn't think of the right place to put this.

Anyway, I just got added to the list for Homer's grilles. (Yes, I'm getting ahead of my self already ) I'm getting a color matched, M1 style mesh, thin-lip Satoshi. I also ordered 12'' "Raptor" style letters from JLee (B.A.M.F) to put on my Satoshi whenever it is built. I made up a Photoshop concept of what my grille will look like, shown below. My question is, which looks the best for the color of the lettering?

White:

Magnetic Grey Metallic:

Black:

Matt
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I vote white. I painted my lettering mag gray, didnt stand out enough. So i outlined the letters in white. Then i decided i had no other white on my truck and it looked out of place, so i took the lettering off lol. I am thinking i will add some red accents someday and then see how mag grey lettering with a red outline will look. Check my gallery if you wanna see mine
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Not to burst a bubble, but just giving you a time frame.

I was added to Homer's list back in May, he just now shipped it on Monday and should be at my house on the 17th of December.

I voted white, although black would be sick with some small LED's behind the grill.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I vote white. I painted my lettering mag gray, didnt stand out enough. So i outlined the letters in white. Then i decided i had no other white on my truck and it looked out of place, so i took the lettering off lol. I am thinking i will add some red accents someday and then see how mag grey lettering with a red outline will look. Check my gallery if you wanna see mine
Thanks for the input. I am worried that having the white lettering would look out of place as the only white thing on my truck, like you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svach11 View Post
Not to burst a bubble, but just giving you a time frame.

I was added to Homer's list back in May, he just now shipped it on Monday and should be at my house on the 17th of December.

I voted white, although black would be sick with some small LED's behind the grill.
Yep, I am aware of the substantial wait. That's why I joked around in the OP about getting ahead of myself.
Matt
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Beard Enthusiast
MonTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
MonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The white looks BA!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Hmmm, white or MGM.
Ditto.

White #1, MGM #2.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i like the MGM one but yeah i feel like it may not stand out enough, black is definitely too dark. so i say MGM or white
Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I like that emblem in white

I have Devil Horns in Mag Grey on my MGM truck and that looks good too , but I think the TOYOTA lettering looks better in white
Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #11
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
idk what it looks like in person but based on what i see here, MGM is a winner in my book
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do the MGM #2, more subtle and looks great
Old 12-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #13
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM
Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
Previously "MGMTacoFF"

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
BHLM
I would absolutely love to have the BHLM, but like some others on here, I am a little hesitant to put my only set of headlights in the oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
You've got the sizing on the letters WAY too small - unless you ordered a sized down version?

Personally I like the subtlety of the letters powder coated to match the mesh.

Also - no problem with the thread in here.
Thanks for the input and room in the section Homer. And yes, I did request (and received) the +/- 12'' version of the "Toyota" letters from JLee. I don't love the look of the huge "Raptor" style letters, but I do like the font and everything. The letters are +/- 2'' x 2''.

Matt
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
black
Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
The way is open, the time is now
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mrogers33's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Ditto.

White #1, MGM #2.
x2
the black doesn't stand out enough. If I was getting custom grilles and letters I would want everyone to see that shit. The mgm does blend very nicely though.