Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

Ask the Grill guy!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Tried that......still on there.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If your referring to that stupid little guide pin in the center bottom of the grill go ahead & lop the damn thing off - it's useless other than centering the grill when you put it on the truck.
I'm leaning towards removing them from every grill I produce.
Yep thats what i am talking about, thank you! I was worried the grill would lose some rigidity if i cut it off, but seems like no one with thin lips have problems with that so i shouldnt worry about it. Might be purchasing some mesh from you in the near future
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #25
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Yep thats what i am talking about, thank you! I was worried the grill would lose some rigidity if i cut it off, but seems like no one with thin lips have problems with that so i shouldnt worry about it. Might be purchasing some mesh from you in the near future
They get a bit floppy when you cut them down but once the mesh is installed it stiffens back up very well.
As you can probably tell I am not a fan of those guide pins.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #26
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
How many grills have you done to date?

An how many ones do you have on future order?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #28
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Over $100k worth of grills... ridiculous
Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #29
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Holy crap. Ill come to PA for an apprenticeship then you can sub out some work to me
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #30
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No, not quite...
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Holy crap. Ill come to PA for an apprenticeship then you can sub out some work to me
I've thought about getting help but y'all are paying for a HomerTaco grill - not a grill built by someone hired by me. It would not be the same.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #31

Quote:
I've thought about getting help but y'all are paying for a HomerTaco grill - not a grill built by someone hired by me. It would not be the same.
Ya that is true, i was kidding anyway, well sort of...i enjoy doing these grills. I'm sure if you hired help locally and trained them/oversaw all of their work no one would have a problem with it. Seems like no one has a problem waiting for a quality product though so just keep plugging away at those awesome grills!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #32
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, not quite...

Close though, it's over $200 a grill + all the special ones you make for over $350

I'm watching you
Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #33
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Some things are better left unspoken
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #34
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Close though, it's over $200 a grill + all the special ones you make for over $350

I'm watching you
Minus grill shrouds. Minus mesh. Minus painter fee, which I'm sure is more then a shiny penny. And minus labor time (his free time).

Mr. Homer deserves a round of applause for making all these grillz while still maintaining a happy family and building up a badass truck.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #35
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Minus grill shrouds. Minus mesh. Minus painter fee, which I'm sure is more then a shiny penny. And minus labor time (his free time).

Mr. Homer deserves a round of applause for making all these grillz while still maintaining a happy family and building up a badass truck.

Why thank you!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #38
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me!

I do supply just mesh for the DIY minded folks.

I source mine from a local supplier in 4x8 sheets.

There are also other sources available online.

Matt at www.customcargrills.com has some nice products too.
Good to know, I might need to order some soon.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #39
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
im unsure what kind of grille to get for my 2007 i have the TRD offroad with chrome im thinking billet? or the toyota logo or TRD... I'm clue less any thoughts on towards Recommendations
?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
im unsure what kind of grille to get for my 2007 i have the TRD offroad with chrome im thinking billet? or the toyota logo or TRD... I'm clue less any thoughts on towards Recommendations
?
Lol youre probably only going to get one answer in this thread. Buy a grill from hometaco! I say ditch the chrome and get one painted to match your truck