Tacoma Satoshi Grills

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > HomerTaco

Notices

Ask the Grill guy!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #41
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
im unsure what kind of grille to get for my 2007 i have the TRD offroad with chrome im thinking billet? or the toyota logo or TRD... I'm clue less any thoughts on towards Recommendations
?
There are TONS of options out there... Most folks do ditch the chrome though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Lol youre probably only going to get one answer in this thread. Buy a grill from hometaco! I say ditch the chrome and get one painted to match your truck
lol... I'm not the first person to build these & I certainly won't be the last. I think my one claim I can make is that I've built more of these than anyone else.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #42
JimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JC
JimmyCee's Tacoma Gallery
how do you manage to fill in the gaps on the lower corners left behind from cutting the grill on '11 grills? i had a ridiculously hard time doing mine, so much so that im probably gonna start fresh with a pre '11 grill
Old 02-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #43
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCee View Post
how do you manage to fill in the gaps on the lower corners left behind from cutting the grill on '11 grills? i had a ridiculously hard time doing mine, so much so that im probably gonna start fresh with a pre '11 grill
I never use 2011 OEM grills. The honeycomb design is not conducive to a successful satoshi mod.
I only ever did one custom 2011 and I sold it here for the benefit of a charity:

You are MUCH better off doing what you said & using the 05-10 style.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
might be a stupid question but how exactly do you mount the mesh to the grill?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #46
AirForceTacoma08 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2 MXS
Name: Adan
AirForceTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=HomerTaco;6487221]I never use 2011 OEM grills. The honeycomb design is not conducive to a successful satoshi mod.
I only ever did one custom 2011 and I sold it here for the benefit of a charity:

how do i get the toyota emblem in black!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #47
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

[QUOTE=AirForceTacoma08;6798374]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I never use 2011 OEM grills. The honeycomb design is not conducive to a successful satoshi mod.

how do i get the toyota emblem in black!!!!
There are two members on TW that i am aware of that do custom emblems: Andreas & Metalmiller

You could always just paint the stock one though...
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #48

[QUOTE=HomerTaco;6798794]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceTacoma08 View Post

There are two members on TW that i am aware of that do custom emblems: Andreas & Metalmiller

You could always just paint the stock one though...
That was thw orginal plan until i saw that custom emblem lol
Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #50
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the wait time if i ordered a grill from you?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #52
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Several Months at least...

I'm a one-man part-time operation not a factory...
Ok thanks for the quick reply
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #54
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus 524 View Post
Whats the wait time if i ordered a grill from you?

Thanks
Just order the mesh and do it yourself. That's what I did! He gets them out super fast! Ordered mine Saturday and got it today. Making the grill Saturday.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #55
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
Just order the mesh and do it yourself. That's what I did! He gets them out super fast! Ordered mine Saturday and got it today. Making the grill Saturday.
It takes a bit longer if you want the mesh powder coated.
Also - not everyone has the time, tools, or patience to take on the mod themselves.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #56

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
Thanks for the info that's a good idea.

Quote:
It takes a bit longer if you want the mesh powder coated.
Also - not everyone has the time, tools, or patience to take on the mod themselves.
Very true.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #57
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Over the weekend someone asked me:
"do you ever do special requests or custom builds to order?"

Truth is, I try to keep the builds as simple as possible.

I've got 5 different types of mesh, 3 depth choices, triangles or not, and then a few raptor configurations as well.

It's enough to keep me on my toes!

But every once in a while someone will PM me with an idea that will really intrigue me. Or I'll dream up something on my own...

That's where these came from:

The first "raptor"

thin-lip/full depth hybrid:

2011 one-off:

My first one I ever made (odd mesh size I once referred to as M2)

Full color match thin lip w/ FJ emblem:

Full color match TRD Satoshi:

Raptor Variation:

Another:

It all comes down to what is manageable to produce.

The introduction of the "raptor" style has put me at the limit of what I can accomplish in a reasonable amount of time though.

Still... every once in a while a member will throw an idea at me that will get the gears turning.

Thank you,
~ Craig
Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #58

made mine i love it!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #59

Full color match TRD Satoshi:

how much could you do one of these for in "salsa red"??