Ask the Grill guy!

Old 04-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #61
AirForceTacoma08 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2 MXS
Name: Adan
AirForceTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
As far as i know "salsa red" is not a Tacoma color.
lol that what the dealership called it when i was purchasing the truck at the time i didnt think it was really called that i just didnt know what else to call it but it would like it the same color as my truck which is the darker red on a tacoma not the brighter red
Old 04-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #62
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Salsa red pearl is a 4runner color i think
Old 04-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #63
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never use 2011 OEM grills. The honeycomb design is not conducive to a successful satoshi mod.
I only ever did one custom 2011 and I sold it here for the benefit of a charity:

You are MUCH better off doing what you said & using the 05-10 style.
Naturally I have a 2011......where is a good place to source an 05-10 style?
Thx in advance and I love your work.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #64
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceTacoma08 View Post
lol that what the dealership called it when i was purchasing the truck at the time i didnt think it was really called that i just didnt know what else to call it but it would like it the same color as my truck which is the darker red on a tacoma not the brighter red
Barcelona Red probably
Old 04-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #65
AirForceTacoma08 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2 MXS
Name: Adan
AirForceTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
Barcelona Red probably
lol maybe! cant find anything in that color for my tacoma tho
Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #66
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
Barcelona Red probably
Not positive but i think barcelona red started in 09.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #67
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
how do you attach the emblems to the mesh? i'm trying to come up with a way to nicely and securely attach my toyota emblem back onto my mesh...
Old 05-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #68
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus 524 View Post
Not positive but i think barcelona red started in 09.
Correct, Barcelona Red was first introduced in 09'
Quote:
Originally Posted by R09ster View Post
how do you attach the emblems to the mesh? i'm trying to come up with a way to nicely and securely attach my toyota emblem back onto my mesh...
3M exterior mounting tape - provided the emblem does not have studs to bolt through the mesh..
This is what I use to attach the letters on the "raptor" style grill.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #69
JimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JC
JimmyCee's Tacoma Gallery
One last question, how do you mount the mesh on a thin lip stoshi?
Old 05-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #71
billyrayaf is on a distinguished road
Air Force: currently in 5th security forces
Name: billy
billyrayaf's Tacoma Gallery
Raotor letter

where do get the letters for the raptor style im in the middle of painting my grill and want to give the raptor style a shot.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #72
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayaf View Post
where do get the letters for the raptor style im in the middle of painting my grill and want to give the raptor style a shot.
Jlee, BAMF
Old 05-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #74
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered selling the grill and mesh as a kit for the DIY? For owners who don't want to carve their stock grill but still want to give it a shot?

BTW, I did buy my pre-cut thin-lip mesh from Craig and cut my own grill. His pre-cut made the job VERY easy to do and he shipped it very fast. And I really appreciate it!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #75
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyohtadude View Post
Have you considered selling the grill and mesh as a kit for the DIY? For owners who don't want to carve their stock grill but still want to give it a shot?
Spare grills are readily available on the Internet from several reputable suppliers.

I do offer just the mesh precut and ready to install and also offer a powder coating service for that mesh.

I am all about helping folks with D I Y.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #76
ryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to behold

ryantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Spare grills are readily available on the Internet from several reputable suppliers.

I do offer just the mesh precut and ready to install and also offer a powder coating service for that mesh.

I am all about helping folks with D I Y.
I have read over your thread for the satoshi grills and still have a couple of questions;

If I just order the metal do you give instuctions for instalation?
I have seen your two videos but im am still unsure of where the mesh would go? in perspective to the grill pieces you pull apart
Is the thin lip grill a possible diy project
And how long does it take to recieve once ordered, i see the long list but I am unsure of when it was updated

thanks for your time
Old 05-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #77
TOYWERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantaco View Post
I have read over your thread for the satoshi grills and still have a couple of questions;

If I just order the metal do you give instuctions for instalation?
I have seen your two videos but im am still unsure of where the mesh would go? in perspective to the grill pieces you pull apart
Is the thin lip grill a possible diy project
And how long does it take to recieve once ordered, i see the long list but I am unsure of when it was updated

thanks for your time
Please read the Satoshi 101 thread in my Subform.
That should answer all of your questions.
Usually ship mesh out within a couple of days unless it needs to be powder coated then you have to wait until I have a batch going in for powder coat.
The Build list is only for full grills not for mesh by itself.
I won't be taking any mesh orders for the next week or two as I'm on vacation.
Thank you,
~ Craig
Old 05-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #78
awhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud ofawhitfield4 has much to be proud of
EMS:
awhitfield4's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I get a grill with "TOYOTA" spelled out on it? I have seen a couple on here, but I have not been able to figure out where they get them. Thanks for any help!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #80
Kcourtad is on a distinguished road
Kcourtad's Tacoma Gallery
I'm building my own out of metal at my fab shop I work at. Will I need to make brackets for it to slide into stock brackets, or is it just holes drilled into it ?