Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Notices

ICON Expedition Leaf Pack!!!!!

View Poll Results: Would you like to see an Icon Expo leaf pack equivalent?
Yes! 26 48.15%
Please God yes. 16 29.63%
Shut up and take my money! 14 25.93%
YES 9 16.67%
PROVE THE NAY SAYERS WRONG ICON AND BUILD YOUR OWN PACKS!!!!! 10 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post

Ok fine, you've clearly got deeper pockets than I do anyhow if you're increasing the bet by 100%
Thanks for making me feel better about my empty wallet

Those are my only $2 NOBODY OUTBID ME!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #22
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Lol
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Calling icon
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #24
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Calling icon
Ask for Adrian....

Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #25
Purveyor of Fun

Got those pink slips ready to mail?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #26
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #27
Purveyor of Fun

Old 01-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #28
Purveyor of Fun

Icon will be on later today, but you are in fact, wrong.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #29
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Icon will be on later today, but you are in fact, wrong.
Ohhh I can't wait.

So Icon bought themselves a big ass oven and are now making springs?
Each to their own, but I'll put my money with proven spring manufactures.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
Purveyor of Fun

Cool.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #31
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #32
Purveyor of Fun

Here's the gyst of what I got from icon. They design everything. Deaver used to be owned by Donahoe racing, so they're sort of related in that sense. Deaver does the custom work that Jason was talking about but they don't do the mass orders that icon requires. That being said, that's not really what this thread is about
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #33
The Mad Scientist

I'll take my $2 now.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #34
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Need More ICON
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #35
The Mad Scientist

And for the record....I'm pretty sure Icon is feeding you bullshit.
I've never hard that Deaver was owned by DR. Deaver just used to private label a shit load of springs to DR.

Oh....and I voted
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #36
Purveyor of Fun

How did you add to my poll?!?! Lol
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #37
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I think you need to keep one thing in mind. Icon is a shock company, not a leaf pack company. They don't even make the AAL they sell, Deaver does. So in the end, you're just going to get a Deaver pack anyway. Icon isn't going to test shit. They are going to just tell Deaver what they need and then package it.
You don't see leaf springs from Fox, King, or Sway-Away.

Technically speaking Icon is a suspension company since they make complete suspension systems for an insane number of vehicles and not just shocks like the other brands you listed. In addition Icon does indeed test everything that they sell. Example: Icon shared this video in August, showed the S2 system at SEMA and last I heard are still working to perfect the system before its official release to the public.

http://youtu.be/2yisWk37vUU

Quote:
When we develop a new product for your vehicle, we make sure that it can stand up to some serious abuse first. While developing the ALL NEW "S2" Modular Performance System we thought it necessary to take a few high-speed runs down fairly rough trail in Barstow, CA to give us a better idea of how this system is going to function, and more importantly, how it is going to stand up to some hard offroad use. Check out the video to see just how stable this Toyota 4Runner was at speeds ranging from 35-65mph over some rough terrain, yet still remaining comfortable enough to be a great-handling daily driver. Check out our Facebook page and our website for more information and a final release date on the S2 Modular Performance System from ICON Vehicle Dynamics.
$0.02
Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #38
Purveyor of Fun

That system will be available in about 3 weeks.

And thanks Sierra expeditions for chiming in. Knew I liked you guys.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #39
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
How did you add to my poll?!?! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
Technically speaking Icon is a suspension company since they make complete suspension systems for an insane number of vehicles and not just shocks like the other brands you listed. In addition Icon does indeed test everything that they sell. Example: Icon shared this video in August, showed the S2 system at SEMA and last I heard are still working to perfect the system before its official release to the public.

$0.02
I was waiting for you to join in on this
I'm eagerly waiting specifics on the S2. But they still aren't making the leaf springs though.

There's two reasons I personally will never buy Icon, and neither are because of how they perform. They make solid products.
1) The continue to lie to their customer base (my favorite was when they said they had no affiliation with DR).
2) Because Kreg...I know Icon had nothing to do with it, just can't get past it.

In any case....here's to Icon taking market share away from AP!!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #40
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Last i spoke to all pro about there expos when i got mine they told me that alcan made there expos. So with that said your buying allpros name and theyre just outsourcing there leafs to alcan. Im guessing icon would probably do the same thing with there leafs, they would probably outsource it and just put there name on it. Your probably better off buying deavers, alcan, or the all pro expos. I mean unless icon has there own department that makes actually makes there own leaf springs but i doubt it. Hope this helped