1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ICON Expedition Leaf Pack!!!!!

Discussion in 'ICON Vehicle Dynamics' started by benbacher, Jan 18, 2013.

?

Would you like to see an Icon Expo leaf pack equivalent?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2013.
  1. Yes!

48.1%
  2. Please God yes. :pray:

29.6%
  3. Shut up and take my money!

25.9%
  4. YES

16.7%
  5. PROVE THE NAY SAYERS WRONG ICON AND BUILD YOUR OWN PACKS!!!!!

18.5%
  1. Jan 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you didn't read through the thread.

2. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    benbacher

benbacher [OP] Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.

3. Jan 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Holy cow you guys are really misinformed. Icon does not make their AALs, Deaver does (already mentioned). Shit Deaver doesn't even make them (from what I know and not trying to bash any company here), they are outsourced. The only packs they (Deaver) may actually still make are the custom packs, but that’s likely it.

Alcan makes AP packs, yeah right. No connection what so ever. Try Betts, but again outsourced and not American Steel (anyone can say otherwise).

Asking Icon to make you a pack will just not happen and if some rep says they may, he’s blowing smoke and or is clueless himself. Regardless it won't be tested by Icon and Icon will not be manufacturing them period. Shoot most all leaf packs these days are manufactured in India or China. There are still a select few who actually make packs here in the US and who actually use American Steel, but again not a lot of comps (I'm hearing like 3-5).

How do I know this, well lets just say I've done the research and know some people. Its all about making money folks, and if you are paying people here to make shit you will being selling your product for 100s more then the majority as the majority buy from outside the US. Its sad, but so completely true.

You do enough research yourself and you will conclude the same.

4. Jan 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    NoSoup4You

NoSoup4You Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Palos Verdes
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB DMZ LT 4x4
    Camburg | King | Glassworks | DMZ | Nitro | Banks | Pelfreybilt | Brute Force Fab | Bay Area Metal Fab | Baja Designs | Rigid Industries | STL

Apple has insane supply chain controls from raw materials to complete package that they constantly oversee and adjust. Companies like Foxconn, Samsung, Sharp .. they are not just fulfilling Apple designs, but they are actually run by Apple's standards. Apple constantly works with superior technologies and processes that they often innovate themselves, and then innovate the process to manufacture and sell it as reliably as possible.

Icon won't design and control a new production method or facilities or raw materials. At least I don't think they would.

5. Jan 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Well you guys are certainly entitled to your opinion, but as I stated earlier, I'm basing this thread to see who's interested in getting a bigger leaf pack from icon. Doesn't sound like you are so.... :thumbsup: :cool:

6. Jan 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    Mach375

Mach375 Habitual Violator of Wheeling Rule #2

Member:
    First Name:
    Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Too much to list, but enough to get me in trouble. Repeatedly.
    OP: Your original post pretty much describes me *exactly*. My OME Dakars are drooping all the time, thanks to the weight I carry, and I'm correcting that right now with airbags.
    Icons are on the short list, and if there was a complete package, it would be a shorter list.

7. Jan 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Opinion :eek:

Good luck having Icon spend the money to have Deaver talk to Betts so Betts can work with a company in India to mass produce the pack your searching for.

8. Jan 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Didn't ask for an opinion. I asked to find people who are interested in making this happen. I really don't think I'm out of line by asking folks to not post in here if they're not interested. If you're disinterested in this idea, I think the cordial thing to do given the nature of THIS thread would be to simply not post.

9. Jan 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Bump lets get some more interest today

10. Jan 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Well-Known Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    Id def be interested in expedition style if grouped with rear shocks depending on price and performance.

Was planning on buying All Pro Expos with Walker Evens rears in the next couple months.

11. Jan 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    You can order the rear shocks in custom lengths so you can in theory run icons with the all pro leaf pack, as was my plan. But I would far prefer to buy something from icon since everything else would be out of there.

12. Jan 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    True, iirc Sonny can order custom lengths

13. Jan 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Bump lets get some more interest

14. Jan 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

End thread....all covered right above......^^^^^^

15. Jan 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Must have missed this part.

16. Jan 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Nope. I read it all before posting. Just used one post to sum up my thoughts perfectly.

Sierra is up Icons but so far the they might as well be one in the same.

I did find this funny "we make sure that it can stand up to some serious abuse first". Lolz.... tell that to all the guys who cracked top hats who are rock crawling and not even doing 30 on the trails or my buddy who just had a shock shaft separate/explode doing 15mph on a sand hill.

I will give them one thing they do back up their products when they break, with more products for free.

Another thing you may want to consider is supporting companies who actually come up with products not just re-badge a old product theirs making it "new".
    They already copied Wheelers with their 3 leaf progressive aal....now you wanna copy AP's Chinese expo pack :rolleyes:

17. Jan 22, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    It isn't that way currently, so I see no reason to believe that will change in the future. I'm in the same boat, I want one company to meet and address all my needs. And I've searched long and hard and concluded that icon makes the suspension I want to put under the truck.

18. Jan 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    icon_rep

icon_rep ICON Vehicle Dynamics Vendor

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    [FONT=&quot]Hey guys....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To clear up a couple things, and yes, the misinformation:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Donahoe Racing never owned Deaver Springs and no one from ICON ever would say that DR did. Deaver is a privately owned spring company, and yes they still make some of their spring in house using their own equipment. Some of their higher production springs come from a spring mfg company in the Midwest[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mr. Salty - Deaver does not make our add a leafs and the ICON 51100 was designed in house by our engineering dept.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is true, we do not make any coils or leaf springs in house, as no suspension manufacturers do that we are aware of. They are designed from scratch and tested by our engineers, then are purchased from a select few spring companies to keep up with the demand we require. I assure you that we have not copied anything from Wheelers as they are a dealer of ours and we sell them springs. If or when we decide to offer a full leaf spring option, we would design it to be different from current offering on the market to work in conjunction with our 2.0” or 2.5” shock line. We would offer something with a purpose, designed to be the best combination for ride quality, function, and performance.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We are not just a shock company and I think our company's product line speaks for itself. We in house machine, laser cut, CNC bend, CNC notch, and fabricate various suspension components for not only Tacoma's, but FJ Cruisers, Ford F-Series Trucks, Chevy 1/2 Ton and 3/4 ton models, Dodge 3/4 ton and 1 ton models, Jeeps and more. We currently produce products from skid plates, to control arms, to track bar brackets, steering components and many other related items. Our engineers are well versed in every aspect of Vehicle Dynamics, so they definitely know what they are talking about when it comes to suspension components whether it be springs, shocks, or welded steel fabricated brackets / components that bolt onto a vehicle.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The advantage we have as a “Suspension” and “Shock” manufacturer is we are able to take a particular chassis or vehicle, then develop components or systems around it. We produce Vehicle Specific products for the purpose of maximizing the said vehicle’s potential . We are one of the few companies out there that do this in the off-road community.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the end there will always be people that prefer one brand over another, this is just how the world works. We appreciate all the support from our customers, and we realize it is tough to filter through some of the information you can get on the internet. ICON appreciates any and all feed back as this is how we grow, giving our customers what they desire.
    [/FONT]

ICON

19. Jan 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Much appreciated. Thanks guys.

20. Jan 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    SportyHeretic

SportyHeretic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Wyoming/South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport
    Icon Stage 3 Suspension, Diff Drop, MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust, Tonneau Cover

Products Discussed in

To Top