1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ICON Expedition Leaf Pack!!!!!

Discussion in 'ICON Vehicle Dynamics' started by benbacher, Jan 18, 2013.

?

Would you like to see an Icon Expo leaf pack equivalent?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2013.
  1. Yes!

48.1%
  2. Please God yes. :pray:

29.6%
  3. Shut up and take my money!

25.9%
  4. YES

16.7%
  5. PROVE THE NAY SAYERS WRONG ICON AND BUILD YOUR OWN PACKS!!!!!

18.5%
  1. Jan 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM
    benbacher

benbacher [OP] Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    [​IMG]

I talked with Icon today and mentioned that I'd love to give them all the money to do all four corners of my suspension but I NEED an expedition leaf pack!

A couple AAL's aren't going to do the trick, so my options are limited really to OME, OMD, and All pro expo leafs.

I know for certain I'm putting icons up front, and rear bypasses, and I'd love to have a complete package where I could spend less in shipping, have a product that is designed to work in harmony with the others in play, and have a very reputable company do r&d on something that really hasn't changed much over time.

All in all I'd love to see icons take on a product like this.

My build will be in the overland category, so I don't need something snappy, I need something that will perform well over time, allow solid articulation, provide at least 3" of lift at a full expedition weight of 500lbs in the bed.

In talking with icon they said basically the best way to make something like this happen is to raise a fuss on the interwebs :D

So I'm doing just that. Lets get some stats as to who would be interested in seeing another player in this game, and another player who has such a solid reputation at that.

2. Jan 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    CayucosTacoma

CayucosTacoma Just think outside the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Luis Obispo/San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab 4x4
    Specs in the Build Thread
    i'd be interested in a Leaf pack replacement, not sure about expedition though.
    Depends a lot on price too

3. Jan 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Totally, I would assume they be comparable in price. Oh and btw BUMP! The more people we get in on this idea, the more likely it is to happen.

4. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    2013NauticalTaco

2013NauticalTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    Katskin heated leather seats duo-tone black/blue, flowmaster dual side exit exhaust,Leer full window length camper, dick cepek dc2 wheels,Bridgestone AT 30" tires,2.5" readylift leveling kit
    I would like this as well.. I too an planning icon coilovers in the front and the route i was going to go was icon shocks and dakkar leaf pack with extra overload leaf due to buying a campershell and always carrying 5-600 lbs more than the truck was designed for . Like you id like a 1-stop shop for everything and get a leaf pack thats designed to work in conjunction with the springs

5. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Ghost848

Ghost848 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Alberta,Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 TRD OR Silver M6
    OME + Dakers, 285/75R16 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bumper, Columbia overland Dual battery, Super winch,CC stage 4 clutch, bestop supertop, URD TO bearing, BHLM headlights, Cruisin offroad rear bumper, Harrop front E-locker.
    yes... my dakkars are droopin a little with my set up so a boost would be nice

6. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    I'm a firm believer in getting things in a set, in the case of my outdoors hear I went with Montbell, all their gear is designed with their products in mind. For example my sleeping bags have a coating on them that responds to the fabric on the sleeping pads they sell that create a non slip surface where everywhere else you slide right off.
    Things like that make me happy, and KNOWING that Icon would test their springs with a setup virtually identical to mine would be very reassuring.

7. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    I think you need to keep one thing in mind. Icon is a shock company, not a leaf pack company. They don't even make the AAL they sell, Deaver does. So in the end, you're just going to get a Deaver pack anyway. Icon isn't going to test shit. They are going to just tell Deaver what they need and then package it.
    You don't see leaf springs from Fox, King, or Sway-Away.

8. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    I just 2 months ago put on a full ICON suspension, extended travel, but stock A-arms (Camburg UCA in front). I used the ICON 2 leaf add-a-leaf set wich worked good BECAUSE my truck was only a few months old. For those with loaded beds of just sagged a bit from years of use an all new full leaf spring set would be great.

By the way I like my ICON setup, even my wife likes it because it rides so great on the roads!

So YES, do offer a rear leaf pack with some life and weight capacity, I am going to need them in a couple years or sooner if I put on a RTT or light camper!

9. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    I was about to say this exact same thing. I mean not to shit on this thread but don't you think that if the big shock company's wanted to worry about making their own leaf pack they would've done it by now!? You didn't just come up with a revolutionary idea that no one at those company's have ever thought about. Just sayin, its plausible but not probable

10. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    Desert Drifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    At least ICON could specify the proper springs based on heigth, load, and use.

11. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    jberry813

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    You're actually proving my point. Icon is going to call Deaver and say I need a taco leaf pack with 3" of lift and......ehh.....lets say add 400 lbs load, and then mass sell that as the "Icon" expo springs.

Wheras YOU can call Deaver and tell them you really want, not some per-packaged number based on what Icon thinks you want. If you want only 2.5" of lift but you carry 500 lbs in the bed, it's going to be a completely different progressive pack. What spring pack would you rather have?

In the end going direct to Deaver is going to be the same price.

12. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    Desert Drifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    If anyone can actually custom order leaf springs from Deaver then we can indeed "have it our way".

By the way jberry I like that photo of your truck in the snow, badass!

13. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    jberry813

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    My old spring pack was custom, directly from Deaver with MY specifications, and I'm just an average nerd with a desk job.

Yes, LT.

14. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    That's right, I had forgotten about deaver making their leaf packs. You may be right, but in talking with the rep, he didn't make it seem like they were going to farm out the work. He made it seem like if we got enough interest in an icon leaf pack THEIR engineers would look at it and potentially develop it. Deaver's name didn't come up in the conversation.

So while you may be right, you may also be wrong. ;)

All I'm saying is I'd like some more options when looking at higher spring rates for more weight.

15. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    jberry813

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    I'll bet my pink slip I'm right.

16. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    I'm gonna quote this just so I can have a sick truck on the slim slim chance you're wrong :D

17. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    Wait a minute that's my bet! And in return I'll bet a dollar. Fairs fair.

18. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    I quoted it first therefore my bet as well ;) and ill do $2 just to look better than Ben :laugh:

19. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    In no way shape or form did I refer to myself as revolutionary, all I'm saying is I'd like to have more options than buying the expos or dakars. Maybe icon could do something different with them :notsure:

Not trying start a fuss, I've just found a company that I trust and a name I can get behind and would like to see more of them. Haha that's about as far as it goes.

20. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    :rofl:

Ok fine, you've clearly got deeper pockets than I do anyhow if you're increasing the bet by 100%

Products Discussed in

To Top