Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Notices

ICON Expedition Leaf Pack!!!!!

View Poll Results: Would you like to see an Icon Expo leaf pack equivalent?
Yes! 26 48.15%
Please God yes. 16 29.63%
Shut up and take my money! 14 25.93%
YES 9 16.67%
PROVE THE NAY SAYERS WRONG ICON AND BUILD YOUR OWN PACKS!!!!! 10 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
ICON Expedition Leaf Pack!!!!!

I talked with Icon today and mentioned that I'd love to give them all the money to do all four corners of my suspension but I NEED an expedition leaf pack!

A couple AAL's aren't going to do the trick, so my options are limited really to OME, OMD, and All pro expo leafs.

I know for certain I'm putting icons up front, and rear bypasses, and I'd love to have a complete package where I could spend less in shipping, have a product that is designed to work in harmony with the others in play, and have a very reputable company do r&d on something that really hasn't changed much over time.

All in all I'd love to see icons take on a product like this.

My build will be in the overland category, so I don't need something snappy, I need something that will perform well over time, allow solid articulation, provide at least 3" of lift at a full expedition weight of 500lbs in the bed.

In talking with icon they said basically the best way to make something like this happen is to raise a fuss on the interwebs

So I'm doing just that. Lets get some stats as to who would be interested in seeing another player in this game, and another player who has such a solid reputation at that.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i'd be interested in a Leaf pack replacement, not sure about expedition though.
Depends a lot on price too
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Totally, I would assume they be comparable in price. Oh and btw BUMP! The more people we get in on this idea, the more likely it is to happen.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
2013NauticalTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
2013NauticalTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would like this as well.. I too an planning icon coilovers in the front and the route i was going to go was icon shocks and dakkar leaf pack with extra overload leaf due to buying a campershell and always carrying 5-600 lbs more than the truck was designed for . Like you id like a 1-stop shop for everything and get a leaf pack thats designed to work in conjunction with the springs
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
yes... my dakkars are droopin a little with my set up so a boost would be nice
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Purveyor of Fun

I'm a firm believer in getting things in a set, in the case of my outdoors hear I went with Montbell, all their gear is designed with their products in mind. For example my sleeping bags have a coating on them that responds to the fabric on the sleeping pads they sell that create a non slip surface where everywhere else you slide right off.
Things like that make me happy, and KNOWING that Icon would test their springs with a setup virtually identical to mine would be very reassuring.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need to keep one thing in mind. Icon is a shock company, not a leaf pack company. They don't even make the AAL they sell, Deaver does. So in the end, you're just going to get a Deaver pack anyway. Icon isn't going to test shit. They are going to just tell Deaver what they need and then package it.
You don't see leaf springs from Fox, King, or Sway-Away.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I just 2 months ago put on a full ICON suspension, extended travel, but stock A-arms (Camburg UCA in front). I used the ICON 2 leaf add-a-leaf set wich worked good BECAUSE my truck was only a few months old. For those with loaded beds of just sagged a bit from years of use an all new full leaf spring set would be great.

By the way I like my ICON setup, even my wife likes it because it rides so great on the roads!

So YES, do offer a rear leaf pack with some life and weight capacity, I am going to need them in a couple years or sooner if I put on a RTT or light camper!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I think you need to keep one thing in mind. Icon is a shock company, not a leaf pack company. They don't even make the AAL they sell, Deaver does. So in the end, you're just going to get a Deaver pack anyway. Icon isn't going to test shit. They are going to just tell Deaver what they need and then package it.
I was about to say this exact same thing. I mean not to shit on this thread but don't you think that if the big shock company's wanted to worry about making their own leaf pack they would've done it by now!? You didn't just come up with a revolutionary idea that no one at those company's have ever thought about. Just sayin, its plausible but not probable
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
At least ICON could specify the proper springs based on heigth, load, and use.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
At least ICON could specify the proper springs based on heigth, load, and use.
You're actually proving my point. Icon is going to call Deaver and say I need a taco leaf pack with 3" of lift and......ehh.....lets say add 400 lbs load, and then mass sell that as the "Icon" expo springs.

Wheras YOU can call Deaver and tell them you really want, not some per-packaged number based on what Icon thinks you want. If you want only 2.5" of lift but you carry 500 lbs in the bed, it's going to be a completely different progressive pack. What spring pack would you rather have?

In the end going direct to Deaver is going to be the same price.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
Quote:
You're actually proving my point. Icon is going to call Deaver and say I need a taco leaf pack with 3" of lift and......ehh.....lets say add 400 lbs load, and then mass sell that as the "Icon" expo springs.

Wheras YOU can call Deaver and tell them you really want, not some per-packaged number based on what Icon thinks you want. If you want only 2.5" of lift but you carry 500 lbs in the bed, it's going to be a completely different progressive pack. What spring pack would you rather have?

In the end going direct to Deaver is going to be the same price.
If anyone can actually custom order leaf springs from Deaver then we can indeed "have it our way".

By the way jberry I like that photo of your truck in the snow, badass!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
If anyone can actually custom order leaf springs from Deaver then we can indeed "have it our way".

By the way jberry I like that photo of your truck in the snow, badass! It is long travel?
My old spring pack was custom, directly from Deaver with MY specifications, and I'm just an average nerd with a desk job.

Yes, LT.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
Purveyor of Fun

That's right, I had forgotten about deaver making their leaf packs. You may be right, but in talking with the rep, he didn't make it seem like they were going to farm out the work. He made it seem like if we got enough interest in an icon leaf pack THEIR engineers would look at it and potentially develop it. Deaver's name didn't come up in the conversation.

So while you may be right, you may also be wrong.

All I'm saying is I'd like some more options when looking at higher spring rates for more weight.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
The Mad Scientist

I'll bet my pink slip I'm right.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll bet my pink slip I'm right.
I'm gonna quote this just so I can have a sick truck on the slim slim chance you're wrong
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #17
Purveyor of Fun

Wait a minute that's my bet! And in return I'll bet a dollar. Fairs fair.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #18
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Wait a minute that's my bet! And in return I'll bet a dollar. Fairs fair.
I quoted it first therefore my bet as well and ill do $2 just to look better than Ben
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
I was about to say this exact same thing. I mean not to shit on this thread but don't you think that if the big shock company's wanted to worry about making their own leaf pack they would've done it by now!? You didn't just come up with a revolutionary idea that no one at those company's have ever thought about. Just sayin, its plausible but not probable
In no way shape or form did I refer to myself as revolutionary, all I'm saying is I'd like to have more options than buying the expos or dakars. Maybe icon could do something different with them

Not trying start a fuss, I've just found a company that I trust and a name I can get behind and would like to see more of them. Haha that's about as far as it goes.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I quoted it first therefore my bet as well and ill do $2 just to look better than Ben

Ok fine, you've clearly got deeper pockets than I do anyhow if you're increasing the bet by 100%