Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Notices

ICON Vehicle Dynamics 05+ Tacoma Rear Hydraulic Air Bump Stop

Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #41
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Ben, How much lift in front are you getting with the Ori's? Your inner CV boots look super close to rubbing.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #42
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post

I MAY need to extend the stroke of these, still unsure. Is there an alternative to buying longer ones? Absolutely love the 2.5's back there.

The front's nothing to frown at either couldn't get that kind of articulation with a coilover
Old 01-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #43
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah Ben with a BAMF or Pelfreybilt (those are the only 2 i know of) shock relocation, you can get a 12" shock in the back and get MOAR travel.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #44
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Oh believe me I know, haha and I may go that route, even with the shocks I have in the rear, which are intended for a 6" drop bracket lift, my rear shocks still limit the travel by about 2-3". Those leafs wanted to flex! Haha, if something happens down the road we'll see, but as it sits now the rear already outperforms the front so I want to keep it as balanced as possible. I honestly donmt know how much lift I got from the front ORI's. Cv's are good all the way through the cycle though. I do need to unbolt the bottom and spin the shaft 180 to prevent the valve from rubbing the boot. Lost 2 valve caps already lol.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #45
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Ben why not do a +2" LT kit?
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #46
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cost and maintenance were my inhibitors, I think the lt kits are amazing, dont get me wrong, and theres plenty of times I've thought about it, but thats just not what this truck is for. I've got 600 pounds in the bed all the time and over a thousand when we go out on trips. It weighs almost 6000 pounds empty.

That said, shes not a nimble desert runner like your guys'. She enjoys mobbing full speed through 4' snow berms and bouncing off trees.

Just different applications i guess. As weird as it is to say, this is my expedition vehicle. I picked all the parts I thought would be the most reliable for staying out extended periods of time. Having on board nitrogen is in my future, to adjust my shocks and ride height on the fly. I think itd be cooler than anything to get high centered then simply lift the trucks front end and drive out under my own power.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #47
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cost and maintenance were my inhibitors, I think the lt kits are amazing, dont get me wrong, and theres plenty of times I've thought about it, but thats just not what this truck is for. I've got 600 pounds in the bed all the time and over a thousand when we go out on trips. It weighs almost 6000 pounds empty.

That said, shes not a nimble desert runner like your guys'. She enjoys mobbing full speed through 4' snow berms and bouncing off trees.

Just different applications i guess. As weird as it is to say, this is my expedition vehicle. I picked all the parts I thought would be the most reliable for staying out extended periods of time. Having on board nitrogen is in my future, to adjust my shocks and ride height on the fly. I think itd be cooler than anything to get high centered then simply lift the trucks front end and drive out under my own power.
I was thinking more like spoonmans truck and more stability crawling etc etc but theres a lot of costs that come with a Lt kit, looks like your truck droops just fine as it is though!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #48
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
ICON Vehicle Dynamics 05+ Tacoma Rear Hydraulic Air Bump Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
The 2.5" Omega Bypass shock gives you the ability to fine tune the shocks compression and rebound valving. With the high resolution valve we engineered, you get up to 32 adjustments by simply turning a knob.

You guys making this shock for the 05+ Tacomas?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #49
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
You guys making this shock for the 05+ Tacomas?
Yes here is a picture of it....they are around 900.00 each
Attached Thumbnails
ICON Vehicle Dynamics 05+ Tacoma Rear Hydraulic Air Bump Stop-uploadfromtaptalk1389556740052.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #50
dcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ehren
dcvt16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvt16 View Post
5 lug application?
Is there any foreseeable reason these bumpstops wouldn't work on a 5 lug if a stike plate was fabbed?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #51
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else have a review they want to share? I have all pro leafs, Fox 2.0 rears, and wheelers super bumps. The bumps are better than stock but it's still harsh.... Since I don't want to go sua yet.... Would these icon bumps really take the edge off?
Old 04-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #52
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump! I'm eagerly awaiting some more opinions! ^_^
Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #53
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
stephen11ty7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedjak View Post
Bump! I'm eagerly awaiting some more opinions! ^_^
I have these on my truck and they are absolutely amazing! I have them paired with the icon 2.0 shocks and their AAL.

I have run basically every rear factory mounting setup you can, deaver j-66 with king 2.5 with adjusters and before those bilstein 5100's. Then put in all-pro leafs with the Kings; then got rid of the kings and all-pro leafs and put my current set-up on..... Let me tell you, there were times when I used to cringe when I saw a big dip coming and knew the rear end was going to slam. Now the front and rear completely soak up the bumps, its like having a giant air mattress in the rear to absorb everything. Another perk is that they look amazing and I constantly get compliments and questions about them from others.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #54
Purveyor of Fun

My truck has been airborn once....and I weigh 3 tons. It wasn't much air, but man, I freaking love my suspension. Icon's everywhere I could get them haha. You've got a lifelong customer in me.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #55
n00b waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen11ty7 View Post
I have these on my truck and they are absolutely amazing! I have them paired with the icon 2.0 shocks and their AAL.

I have run basically every rear factory mounting setup you can, deaver j-66 with king 2.5 with adjusters and before those bilstein 5100's. Then put in all-pro leafs with the Kings; then got rid of the kings and all-pro leafs and put my current set-up on..... Let me tell you, there were times when I used to cringe when I saw a big dip coming and knew the rear end was going to slam. Now the front and rear completely soak up the bumps, its like having a giant air mattress in the rear to absorb everything. Another perk is that they look amazing and I constantly get compliments and questions about them from others.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Quote:
My truck has been airborn once....and I weigh 3 tons. It wasn't much air, but man, I freaking love my suspension. Icon's everywhere I could get them haha. You've got a lifelong customer in me.
Awesome thanks for info!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #56

Quote:
X2 I love my Icons...I wonder why more guys down south here don't run Icon...all the desert guys have Kings
Old 05-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #57
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Because Kings pull bitches......I REALLY need new bumps.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #58
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
stephen11ty7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
X2 I love my Icons...I wonder why more guys down south here don't run Icon...all the desert guys have Kings
For some reason Kings seem to be the shock of choice for most "Bros" and also, Icon isn't fully into the racing world.... Yet! But they need to be
Old 06-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #60

Does anyone know if these will work with the BAMF shock relocation kit? Not sure if the Icon kit allows enough room for the BAMF shock towers to be welded next to it