Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Notices

Suggestions for documentation improvement

Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions for documentation improvement

I purchased the stage 4 set up, along with the S2 hoop/S2 bypass shocks and hydro air bumps for my 2011 Tacoma DCSB. I am not a professional installer but I know my way around my vehicle pretty well. I would like to suggest some improvements for your documentation based on speedbumps I ran into on this, my 1st suspension install. 1st: good tip to recommend is using a spring compressor to ease install of the coilovers. Next: the assembly of the uniball into the UCA could be better described/broken down. Any tips/helpful hints on dealing with the UCA pivot bolts might be a good idea (I just sawzalled the heads off mine and installed new ones in the reverse orientation from the factory). Clearer description of how to assemble the 2.0 rear shock top mount. For the S2 hoop any helpful tips you can think of for installing/torquing the top mount--manipulating those bolts into place is a real bitch based on the space available in the wheel well--I don't know what mine are torqued too, just tightened the hell out of them using whatever wrench I could gain access to the bolts with. Better description of handling/installing the S2 bypass shocks--there is no indication in the documentation that comes with them that the straps holding the tubes to the shock body can be rotated around the shock body and trying to compress these shocks is next to impossible. The guy doing the job for me had to completely drop the LCAs, attach the lower mount to bypass, jack up the lca, reattach the coilover mount and then bolt the LCA back in place WHEW! Just trying to make the job better/easier for the next guy who doesn't do suspensions as part of his regular job! BTW: this hardware is frickin' awesome
Old 07-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to add a clarification about the bypasses and why they need instructions about the straps for the tubes--mine shipped with everything out of alignment so there was no way they were going in as the nice picture on the website and in the documents indicated. Providing tips for rotating these straps would save a TON of time. Better yet would be if they arrived in ready to install condition. Lastly, the extra brake hose provided with the S2 kit ended up kinking back on itself and springing a leak(?) going to have to look at some kind of custom solution for the line going to the caliper now.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Dog slave

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Another great addition would be the formula for adjusting your coilovers--4 turns per 1/4 inch of lift adjstment (approx.)
Old 07-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Erik,

We appreciate the contact and feed back. I have passed on the info to our engineering staff, and they will be looking over this. I also emailed you to give us a call so we can discuss the brake lines as this should be easy to resolve. There are quite a few of these kits out there now having no issue to date. We def will work with you to get you handled, and glad to cover any questions you have as well. If need be I will get you on the phone with Dylan or Kris from the engineering dept to work with you as well.

I can be reached anytime at 951-689-4266 8-5pm Mon-Fri. Always best to call us right away if you have questions or difficulties.

Brad