1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Converting original Donahoes to CDC

Discussion in 'ICON Vehicle Dynamics' started by Hans Moleman, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Sep 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2023 F-150 Powerboost
    I have original Donahoe coilovers and remote reservoir rear shocks. I want to convert the coilovers to extended travel & CDC. I also want to convert the remote reservoir shocks to CDC, is this possible? How much would all of this cost?

2. Sep 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    icon_rep

icon_rep ICON Vehicle Dynamics Vendor

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    Hans Moleman,

Converting the DR shocks to Remote Reservoir w/ CDCV (this inc. a basic rebuild) – 845.00 pr

The rear DR reservoir shocks are not able to be retrofitted. Currently the CDCV can only be installed on 2.5" shocks. We would not be able to install our part on those anyway as they are not the same design shock that ICON engineered - 2.0 Aluminum Series - and they really were never designed to be rebuilt. Good shock at the time, but we have moved on with a better design and even higher quality components.

3. Apr 10, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    TacomaTRD4x402

TacomaTRD4x402 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    '02 Tacoma TRD 4WD 3.4 5spd S/C Long Travel
    This is news to me! Didn't know you guys can convert old Donahoes to new Icons. My current setup is extended Donahoes w/ Camburg Uppers. So your tellin me you can convert my current hoes to Icons w/ remote reservoir? If so that would save me lots of money to be able to swap out the camburg uppers to Icons. How much for the conversion? Not interested in the CDCV as OP was. Am i still lookin at $845.00 pr? Or less?

4. Apr 11, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    icon_rep

icon_rep ICON Vehicle Dynamics Vendor

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    If you do not want the CDC upgrade (which I think you should) you would be at the 645.00 mark and that includes the basic rebuild. If any other parts are needing replaced for any reason we would let you know right away and you will approved before the work is done.

Products Discussed in

To Top