Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Notices

Converting original Donahoes to CDC

Old 09-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
Converting original Donahoes to CDC

I have original Donahoe coilovers and remote reservoir rear shocks. I want to convert the coilovers to extended travel & CDC. I also want to convert the remote reservoir shocks to CDC, is this possible? How much would all of this cost?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Moleman View Post
I have original Donahoe coilovers and remote reservoir rear shocks. I want to convert the coilovers to extended travel & CDC. I also want to convert the remote reservoir shocks to CDC, is this possible? How much would all of this cost?
Hans Moleman,

Converting the DR shocks to Remote Reservoir w/ CDCV (this inc. a basic rebuild) – 845.00 pr

The rear DR reservoir shocks are not able to be retrofitted. Currently the CDCV can only be installed on 2.5" shocks. We would not be able to install our part on those anyway as they are not the same design shock that ICON engineered - 2.0 Aluminum Series - and they really were never designed to be rebuilt. Good shock at the time, but we have moved on with a better design and even higher quality components.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
TacomaTRD4x402 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rene
TacomaTRD4x402's Tacoma Gallery
Conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
Hans Moleman,

Converting the DR shocks to Remote Reservoir w/ CDCV (this inc. a basic rebuild) – 845.00 pr

The rear DR reservoir shocks are not able to be retrofitted. Currently the CDCV can only be installed on 2.5" shocks. We would not be able to install our part on those anyway as they are not the same design shock that ICON engineered - 2.0 Aluminum Series - and they really were never designed to be rebuilt. Good shock at the time, but we have moved on with a better design and even higher quality components.
This is news to me! Didn't know you guys can convert old Donahoes to new Icons. My current setup is extended Donahoes w/ Camburg Uppers. So your tellin me you can convert my current hoes to Icons w/ remote reservoir? If so that would save me lots of money to be able to swap out the camburg uppers to Icons. How much for the conversion? Not interested in the CDCV as OP was. Am i still lookin at $845.00 pr? Or less?
Old 04-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #4
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTRD4x402 View Post
This is news to me! Didn't know you guys can convert old Donahoes to new Icons. My current setup is extended Donahoes w/ Camburg Uppers. So your tellin me you can convert my current hoes to Icons w/ remote reservoir? If so that would save me lots of money to be able to swap out the camburg uppers to Icons. How much for the conversion? Not interested in the CDCV as OP was. Am i still lookin at $845.00 pr? Or less?
If you do not want the CDC upgrade (which I think you should) you would be at the 645.00 mark and that includes the basic rebuild. If any other parts are needing replaced for any reason we would let you know right away and you will approved before the work is done.